Associate, Asset Management Operations
Objective of the Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking an Associate, Asset Management Operations to join its asset management team in the firm’s Chicago or Baltimore offices. The individual’s primary responsibilities will include supporting LaSalle’s centralized asset management platform in strategy, efficiency, and process execution. Reporting to the Asset Management Operations Leader, this individual will assist in implementing asset management strategy, technology, data governance, portfolio level analysis, process oversight, and oversight of the operations team asset assignment allocation. This role will also work closely with the Head of US Asset Management to perform portfolio wide analysis and reporting to help drive investment performance. The individual, working closely with LaSalle’s technology team and functional leaders, will also assist in driving LaSalle’s digital strategy.
LaSalle's centralized Asset Management Team is a 50+ person team working nearly 300 assets across 11 Investment Vehicles. Our US asset management team is organized by sector and geography focusing. The Operations Team includes 20+ associates, analysts and compliance specialists supporting the asset management function.
- Partner directly with the Asset Management Operations leader to support all aspects of the Asset Management platform.
- Assist in designing, reviewing, and implementing strategic initiatives across the asset management portfolio.
- Serve as the business line subject matter expert for asset management related software programs including VTS and Procore. This includes creating processes, monitoring usage, and evaluating portfolio level data.
- Support the digital transformation of the asset management business through ownership of data clean-up and integrity.
- Assist in the management of the Asset Management Operations team. Including recruiting and training newly hired Analysts and Interns, as well as, managing Analyst workloads and career progression.
- Lead coordination of various asset management processes - such as tenant & resident surveys, annual budgets, CAM recs.
- Assist with internal communications to provide asset management updates to internal stakeholders. Assist internal teams in responding to asset management related queries from investors and regulators.
- Support LaSalle’s Head of US Asset Management with developing content for strategy presentations and crafting clear execution, communication plans and portfolio level analytics.
- Develop presentations, coordinate timelines, and gather inputs from inside and outside the organization to better inform asset management leadership decision making.
- Foster understanding and alignment of strategic vision/initiatives across LaSalle and Asset Management’s role in executing these strategies.
- Support change management in the asset management team to ensure strategic initiatives are implemented in a timely manner.
- Work effectively across business units and act as an internal consultant to support the business on a wide variety of assignments and projects.
Qualifications & skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Real Estate, Accounting, Business, Economics, preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in strategy, business development and/or commercial real estate.
- Strong understanding of technology from a business application perspective
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical contributors
- Superb organizational skills, reliable and strong attention to detail
- A proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in financial modelling preferred.
- Sound financial acumen and excellent judgement and decision-making.
- Strong cross-cultural understanding and communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically as well as to execute tactically.
- Strong relationship and collaborative team building skills.
- Thrives in a continuous improvement environment; flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to push through difficult change initiatives and overcome stakeholder objectives.