Investment Associate / Senior Analyst
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a full-time Senior Analyst/Associate to join its Global Partner Solutions group in New York. LaSalle GPS is the indirect real estate division of the firm, with $6.8 billion of assets under management including fund-of-funds, joint ventures, co-investments and secondaries across all major and select niche asset classes (office, industrial, multifamily, retail, healthcare, etc.), geographies (domestic US and international), risk profiles (core, value-add and opportunistic), and the capital stack (equity and debt).
The role will be focused on analyzing and executing private equity real estate investment opportunities across the fund-of-funds and co-investment businesses, as well as active asset management and monitoring of closed/ ongoing investments. Further responsibilities include portfolio management, client reporting and supporting the team's strategic initiatives. LaSalle GPS is a global business and while the Associate will be working primarily on investment opportunities across North America, the role would require close collaboration with colleagues around the globe.
- Assist in the underwriting of unlisted real estate funds, co-investments, and joint ventures in the Americas (primarily the US and Canada). This entails bottom up real estate analysis of all property types and top down economic analysis of the markets.
- Analyze fund managers’ and operating partners’ track record, firm profile, and capabilities
- Perform complex financial analyses, build Argus valuation models and Excel-based underwriting pro-formas, including fund and property cash flow projections, and conduct sensitivity analyses and stress testing
- Prepare Investment Committee presentations and related analyses
- Closely monitor fund-level, property-level and portfolio-level investment performance; draft reports summarizing the performance and prepare quarterly reforecasts
- Assist with client reporting, investor communications and presentation preparation
- Manage the due diligence process and coordinate the execution of investment opportunities with internal/ external legal and tax advisors.
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus in real estate, finance, economics preferred
- Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- CFA or advancement towards designation preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of full-time professional experience in making direct or indirect real estate investments, real estate asset management and/or real estate focused investment advisory/ consulting.
- Excellent understanding of the real estate and broader investment markets
- Understanding of financial and accounting theory and practice, corporate finance, capital markets and investment structures
- Excellent financial modeling skills, including proficient use of Excel and Argus
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills with the ability to independently analyze ideas and proposals, draft investment memoranda and present to investment committees.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude, who approaches new projects, tasks and ideas with motivation, curiosity and flexibility.
- Ability to manage competing and often unanticipated deadlines
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
- Available for immediate start date