Director of Marketing & Communications
We’re seeking a forward-thinking Director to oversee creation and implementation of external and internal marketing and communications plans that educate financial advisors on the benefits of core real estate, differentiate JLL Income Property Trust, promote and protect the brand, and raise external awareness of the company and its client work. This role will set and drive the marketing strategy and support content development for JLL Income Property Trust. The Director will be responsible for all areas of marketing and public relations, including business development/sales support, digital marketing, social media, events, sponsorships, advertising, campaign management and internal communications.
This is a senior level marketing role reporting to the Head of Intermediary Distribution. The marketing lead will act as a strategic partner to various team leaders and be part of the JLL Income Property Trust (JLLIPT) leadership team, along with supporting the JLL Exchange solution and other future product offerings sold through the Private Wealth Group (PWG).
Strategy and Management
- Management and Oversight – Manage Marketing Associate, including oversight and review of all marketing content, compliance approval processes and filing requirements.
- Positioning – Participate in the development and articulation of market positioning strategies.
- Project Management – Design and implement a process to ensure appropriate prioritization of all marketing projects, production and operation, including assigning appropriate personnel, quality control, and consistent timely delivery.
- Alignment – Ensure that appropriate input is secured from representatives of key groups within the business and aligns with the key growth objectives for JLLIPT.
- Creative – Oversee all creative needs and ensure that all activities adhere to the LaSalle Investment Management brand guidelines, are creative and relevant in positioning the JLL Income Property Trust business, and are consistent and appropriate for the channel and audience.
- Innovation – Develop new and innovative ways to present JLL Income Property Trust in the marketplace and differentiate throughout the business development cycle. Leverage Graphic Designer, outside resources and national platform to identify best-in-class, cutting edge marketing tactics and formats that distinguish JLL Income Property Trust from our competitors and increase win rates.
- Distribution Partner Engagement – Work with National Accounts to develop a tiered plan for client engagement at the home office and financial advisor level. This includes company hosted due diligence events for prospects and existing clients, executing an elite advisor plan, improving our presence at B/D and RIA conferences and developing an onboarding plan for new relationships . Ensure alignment with strategy, business development and budget adherence.
- Collateral Development – Manage all aspects of development and publication for marketing collateral including presentations, quarterly updates, brochures, capability statements, videos and other promotional materials.
- Content Marketing – Work with the LaSalle Investment Management Research team to leverage research appropriate for broader JLL Investment Property Trust consumption and hone content strategies. Jointly (with the LaSalle Investment Management marketing team) develop integrated marketing campaigns around thought leadership products, working to ensure that all activities are leveraged across multiple channels.
- Stockholder Communications – Coordinate the compilation, creation and distribution of regular and ad-hoc stockholder communications as it relates to delivery of the marketing strategy.
- Sales Strategy and Support – Oversee the strategy and execution of all business development materials including new business presentations. Leverage resources to ensure internal processes are efficient.
- Measurement – Continually evaluate the effectiveness of all implemented marketing programs and adjust and enhance as appropriate.
- Provides strategic oversight on development of innovative PR strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans.
- Guides new content development, proactive media relations, conference participation, speaking opportunities, earned media, and securing of awards and recognition.
- Oversees selection and management of PR firms and contractors.
- Drives creation of content for use by marketing and sales organizations to drive lead generation and conversion events.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and agencies, when required, to save cost or add value to the delivery of marketing initiatives.
- Maintain project files, including budgets, production schedules, and completed samples.
- Financial services background with experience marketing to financial advisors, working with compliance, sales and national accounts.
- Strong marketing and communication skills and experience with a proven track record of being a business partner to a leadership team.
- Strong messaging development skills.
- Strong consultative leadership skills.
- Proven track record of developing go-to-market strategies for new products / services and implementing the strategy with content for the financial advisor marketplace.
- Ability to provide marketing support through an integrated marketing strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to present) and specific expertise in external communications.
- Understanding of the marketing planning process including setting objectives, defining strategies and tactics and establishing outcome-based metrics.
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders in a matrixed environment and excel in consensus building in order to drive to measurable outcomes.
- Experience managing teams and high-profile projects.
- Current on trends in brand journalism, news gathering and distribution, new media and self-publishing channels.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, deal with ambiguity and adapt to rapidly changing business conditions.
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit - approaches tasks with a services mindset.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates resilience and ability to follow through with strategic and delivery commitments.