Associate, Portfolio Management, Debt Investments and Special Situations
Company: LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”)
Job Title: Associate, Portfolio Management, Debt Investments and Special Situations
Department: Debt Investments and Special Situations
This position is with LaSalle Investment Management’s Debt Investment and Special Situations team (the “Team”), a specialist business which invests fund capital into structured real estate debt and special situations investments across Europe. The team was set up in 2010 and has become one the largest providers of alternative finance on commercial real estate in Europe, having invested over €3.5bn in 78 transactions across 10 funds or strategies as of June 2020. The Team successfully raised €4.8bn of capital since 2010, with €735m and £700m raised since December 2019 across LREDS, whole loans, LRF and Special Situations series. The Team is actively exploring new opportunities and investment strategies that complement the platform’s existing investment vehicles.
Role and Accountabilities: This role will specifically work within the Portfolio and Loan Asset Management Team, which consists of five individuals that look across all the Team’s investments.
Role responsibilities and functions:
- Analysing & forecasting the Team’s performance on funds/investment mandates and completed deals;
- Running deal/portfolio level analysis; building performance scenarios, assessing risk allocation and portfolio diversification;
- Monitoring asset’s performance which includes but not limited to monitoring business plan progress, loan consents, and underlying asset performance;
- Communicating with the fund manager, investors, borrowers and various other stakeholders internally and externally which includes preparing all investor communication (incl. Quarterly reports) and organising investor conferences and calls;
- Preparing asset models and Investment Committee memos for loan restructures and workouts; and
- Working with fund manager and client capital to develop future fund strategies and fundraising efforts.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of experience, this person will be at a level of second year Analyst equivalent in banking terms.
- Must have knowledge & experience in analysing and modelling complex deals and financial structures.
- Must be proficient in financial modelling in Excel.
- Familiarity with more complex capital structures, including the ability to analyse financial statements would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical rigor is key to the role.
- Good understanding and an interest in real estate investments and knowledge of debt investments would be advantageous.
- A team player with excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- European languages an advantage although not a must.
- Energetic and self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and show initiative.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community