Analyst, Global Partner Solutions
Company: LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”)
Job Title: Analyst
Department: Global Partner Solutions
LaSalle Global Partner Solutions (“GPS”) is a new vertical in the LaSalle Investment Management organization that manages c. US$10 bn in client capital and invests with local operating partners and managers across the world. GPS investments span the risk spectrum and are implemented through fund investments, co-investments, joint-ventures and separate accounts. GPS has a global team of 33 employees based in the Chicago, New York, London and Singapore offices and is supported by LaSalle’s extensive regional and global specialists covering Research & Strategy, Legal, HR, Accounting & Finance, Tax, and Investor Relations.
GPS takes a fundamental approach to investment and a relative value approach to global portfolio construction. As a long-term investor, thematic trends are also a focal point. Because we often have the opportunity to invest in both equity and debt, and in listed markets (primarily REIT securities) in addition to unlisted property and fund interests, we have the opportunity to compare asset classes to discern where better values are available.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Analyze real estate data at property, fund, portfolio and market level
- Participate in the due diligence process for new investments and sale process.
- Assist fund managers with formulating mandate strategies and the day to day management of client portfolios.
- Maintain portfolio databases and cash flows, as well as contribute to monthly / quarterly reports to internal and external stakeholders.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Up to 3 years’ experience;
- Fluency in English and an additional Asian language (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) is preferred;
- BSc or ideally a master’s degree in an analytical discipline, preferable Property, Finance, or Investment related;
- Knowledge and understanding of the real estate investment industry;
- Previous work experience in real estate, ideally either finance or investment focus;
- Intermediate Excel skills;
- An analytical approach with a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities;
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken.