Company: LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”)
Job Title: AIFM Officer
Department: AIFM Department
Overview: The AIFM provides AIFM services to LaSalle funds from all three LaSalle regions - Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific. The AIFM currently has 12 funds under management which totaled around 5.5 b€ assets under management. The AIFM has an active and growing pipeline of new funds from all three LaSalle regions. The wider Luxembourg office comprises approximately 24 staff. This role is a replacement and will sit in the Luxembourg AIFM team, which currently consists of 11 employees and 3 conducting officers. The position will report to the Luxembourg based Manager of the AIFM, being also one of the Conducting Officer but will work closely with the other AIFM conducting officers.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Supporting the conducting officers on day to day requirements and administrative tasks
- Coordination of the onboarding of new funds and ensure all AIFM processes are duly implemented following the establishment of a fund
- Preparing the briefing memorandum as part of the fund onboarding process of the AIFM
- Performing coordination and/or lead of ad-hoc AIFM projects
- Working with the LaSalle teams appointed to advise AIFM to ensure roles and responsibilities are understood and processes and service standards are in place
- Monitoring all statutory and regulatory filing deadlines of the AIFM
- Reviewing and updating the AIFM’s policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Coordination of the annual review of the policies at the level of the AIFM and as required from time to time
- Work with LaSalle’s global fund teams to collect and provide all supporting information required by the AIFM during the selection of service providers to AIFs managed by the AIFM
- Implementing the AIFM oversight methodology of delegates and other service providers (depositaries, central administration, investment advisors, IT and marketing function)
- Education of the AIFM delegates and service providers on the AIFM oversight duties
- Liaising with the internal auditor, overseeing audits and coordinating responses to audit points and follow up the recommendations
- Coordination of the AIFM information flow process with the depositary
- Organizing and attending the conducting officer meetings and drafting related minutes
- Administer the filing and record keeping systems of the AIFM, ensuring all documentation is stored and available for review and communication to third parties (eg depositaries, auditors, CSSF)
- Upload or release of documents in the LaSalle Investor Portal (Dynamo)
- Creation of reporting alerts in the online compliance system and flag missed deadlines (schwab system)
- implementation or improvement (if needed) of the AIFM processes
- be the backup of the 2nd AIFM officer.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated with a relevant bachelor or master’s degree and a minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a regulated environment
- You will have experience working with Luxembourg real estate or private equity funds, either within an existing regulated investment management house or a regulated third party AIFM. Candidates currently working in an audit firm, advisory or a law firm with the appropriate and relevant experience may also be considered
- Exemplary organizational skills with ability to prioritise and used to working under tight deadlines
- Quick learner and used to working independently
- A demonstrable ability to implement organizational change
- Candidate must be familiar with fund documentation (offering memorandum, partnership agreement, and similar constitutional documents, subscription documents, related party and third-party services agreements, operating memorandum etc…) with a view to being able to ascertain compliance with AIF processes and actions.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills in English and French will be a strong asset.
- digital mindset.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community