2020 K Street
2020 K Street
To improve the energy and environmental performance of a 397,000 square foot, multi-tenant building constructed in 1974.
- Implemented a comprehensive recycling program including e-waste disposal by a certified vendor
- Installed Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) on relief fans, cooling-tower fan, and condenser water pumps
- Replaced BMS chiller plant controls
- Reduced actual HVAC hours with tenants to lower energy consumption
- Installed wireless lighting control system throughout the building and in the parking garage
- Retrofitted light fixtures with energy-efficient light bulbs
- Installed efficient water closets in the restrooms
- Achieved LEED for Existing Buildings Gold certification in 2013; currently pursuing recertification
- Over 80% of building’s total solid waste is recycled
- ENERGY STAR score increased from 67 to 83, achieving ENERGY STAR certification for the past 3 years
- Energy consumption was reduced by over 500,000 kWh per year resulting in over $150,000 annual utility savings
Purchased by JLL Income Property Trust in July 2016, Pioneer Tower is one of the most highly regarded office towers in downtown Portland and maintained its historically strong occupancy throughout the last market down cycle. The asset did not have any sustainability credentials upon acquisition; LaSalle sought to enhance the asset’s sustainability profile.
- Completed an Energy Audit and Indoor Air Quality Audit
- Implemented a high-performance green cleaning program, minimizing the use of chemicals
- Engaged and educated tenants in green measures such as increasing alternative transportation and recycling diversion
- Replacing higher mercury content lighting with either LED or low-mercury content bulbs
- Upgraded older restroom fixtures to achieve maximum indoor water efficiency
- In December 2017, first time achievements:
- LEED for Existing Buildings Silver certification; and
- ENERGY STAR certification with a score of 77
- Increased air quality
- 100% of durable goods diverted from landfills
Vancouver, British Columbia
To improve the asset’s sustainability performance to achieve better building efficiency overall, and to improve the asset’s sustainability credentials in order to attract the right tenants to the building.
- Replaced a 250 ton chiller with a 200-ton multi-stack unit.
- Installed modulating cooling valves on floor HVAC fans and variable frequency drives (VFDs) on floor AHUs.
- Retrofit CFL lighting with LEDs where possible
- Conducted a full review of building controls and implemented no/low cost HVAC savings measures
- Encouraged tenants to close blinds at the end of each day to reduce heat gain/loss and shut down computers (where possible) to reduce unnecessary plug load consumption.
- Achieved LEED for Existing Buildings Gold certification in April 2016
- Recognized as one of the first-ever ENERGY STAR certified office buildings in Canada (April 2017)