VP, Stockholder Services
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: VP, Stockholder Services
Location: Chicago, IL
Department: JLL Income Property Trust (JLLIPT) and Global Client Account Servicing (GCAS)
Reporting to: Senior Vice President
Employment Type: Full-Time
REQ #: REQ23394
Role/Accountability – JLL Income Property Trust (“JLLIPT”)
- Ongoing management of the stockholder records, transactions, payments and reporting performed by outsourced transfer agent.
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish operations between dealers, RIA, clearing and transfer agent firms.
- Work with and coach one associate staff member who handles the day to day responsibilities.
- Ensure our transfer agent is meeting the needs of our product and business.
- Ensure DST and associate are providing the support to our wholesalers, national accounts, accounting and external firms at an acceptable level.
- Identify and recommend areas where the operations of JLLIPT can be a more efficient, automated, easy-to-do business with structure.
- Continually listen to what stakeholders, internally and externally, need from service/operations and implement.
Role/Accountability – Global Client Account Servicing (“GCAS”)
- Work with and support Senior Vice President with global initiatives.
- Work with and coach one associate and six decentralized team members responsible for investor reporting and onboarding, in different regions (APAC, EMEA, NA).
- Support Investor Portal use in all regions.
- Assist with ensuring procedures are followed in all regions for investor reporting posting, approving and security.
- Ensure procedures are followed in all regions for product and investor onboarding.
- Partner with owners of other systems/head of IT to ensure global alignment of data in LaSalle’s critical systems.
- Continually working with leaders of legal, compliance, operations, tax, sales and accounting to ensure we are improving the system to meet their business needs.
- Must motivate and get results from staff with no direct reporting structure and other main job priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or other financial area.
- Between 5-10 years full-time working experience. Financial services operations area or Investor Servicing area, preferred.
- Vendor Management, preferable DST Systems, experience required.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to communicate both verbally and written with internal and external customers, business partners, vendors, executive teams and boards.
- Independent and strong problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and confidence to make daily decisions regarding stockholder accounts and transactions.
- Attention to detail and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility with tasks and responsibilities while maintaining deadlines and standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer