VP, Research Strategist
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a VP, Research Strategist with real estate research or real estate investment experience to join the US Research & Strategy team.
This person will have the experience, knowledge and drive to contribute to the investment performance of an industry-leading real estate investment management firm and strategy team.
This person will contribute to the Research & Strategy team by preparing and communicating real estate market information, including past trends and forecasts. S/he will produce market forecasts and topical analyses and presentations. Experience in real estate markets and institutional real estate investment management is required.
- This position involves developing real estate investment strategies and communicating those strategies to both internal and external audiences. In this role you will:
- Gather, analyze, and interpret macro-economic, financial, and property market data and forecasts particularly in terms of their impact on investment performance and the LaSalle investment portfolio.
- Prepare detailed market analyses for potential acquisitions, covering real estate supply, demand and rent growth, a property’s positioning relative to competitors, and local economic trends.
- Share findings and views on markets with portfolio managers and the Investment Committee
- Forecast supply and demand trends in assigned regional economies and metro areas.
- Identify and develop investment strategies based on trends in financial, property market, and asset-level datasets and build predictive data analytics tools.
- Author internal briefing memos and external white papers.
- Assist in management of the US Research and Strategy team either through direct management of colleagues or leading teams of junior team members on specific projects.
- The ideal candidate will have 8 - 10 years of experience in fields directly applicable to real estate investment management. A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree in business, economics, urban planning, or related field is preferred. Other skills required:
- Strong working knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics
- In depth understanding of real estate markets and real estate investments.
- Outstanding writing, analytical, and computer skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with statistical packages (notably R) is not required, but a positive.
- Broad experience with data analysis and intellectual curiosity.
- Presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.