Vice President/Sr. Vice President, Research Strategist
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Research Strategist with real estate research or real estate investment experience to join the US Research & Strategy team. This person will have the experience, knowledge and drive to contribute to the investment performance of an industry-leading real estate investment management firm and strategy team. Intellectual curiosity, deep interest in real estate market dynamics, and strong communication skills will help you succeed in this position.
The Research Strategist will contribute to the Research & Strategy team by preparing and communicating real estate market information and investment strategies to both internal and external audiences. The role requires producing market forecasts, topical analyses, and presentations. Experience in institutional real estate investment management is required.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret macro-economic, financial, and property market data and forecasts in terms of their impact on investment performance.
- Prepare detailed market analyses for potential acquisitions, covering real estate supply, demand and rent growth, market position, and local economic trends.
- Effectively communicate views on markets with transactions officers, portfolio managers and the Investment Committee
- Forecast supply and demand trends in metro areas and real estate submarkets.
- Develop investment strategies based on trends in financial, property market, and asset-level datasets and build predictive data analytics tools.
- Author internal briefing memos and external white papers.
- Collaborate with colleagues globally on interpreting trends impacting real estate markets.
- Assist in management of the US Research and Strategy team through direct management of colleagues and leading junior team members on specific projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 7 years of experience in fields directly applicable to real estate investment management
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics
- In depth understanding of real estate markets, real estate investments, and the dynamics of institutional real estate investment strategies.
- Outstanding writing and analytical skills including experience with complex data analysis.
- Presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization.
- Advanced computer skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint and experience with statistical packages is a positive.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
- Creative and strategic thinker that drives for results while navigating internal stakeholders in varying functions and sectors across the firm.
- Able to critically assess complex issues and conceptualize and articulate pragmatic/creative solutions
- Collaborative and client-friendly mindset, with the ease of working constructively and professionally across all employee levels