Vice President – Product Specialist
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Vice President – Product Specialist
Department: Client Capital Group
The Client Capital Group (“CCG”) is the team responsible within LaSalle for all client relationships, capital raising, new product development and corporate marketing and PR activities to clients and prospects globally. The team consists of 45 professionals located in 11 offices worldwide. LaSalle has over 400 institutional clients globally, invested in both private real estate as well as public securities investment programmes.
Objective of the Role
The successful candidate will be based in London and will work closely with other CCG team members in London and globally. The primary responsibilities will include: leading and driving the timely production of RFP responses and due diligence processes, including the coordination and management of internal resources and deadlines, database/ CRM management, product and content development to client-facing marketing materials (presentations, pitchbooks, “leave-behinds”, offering memoranda, investment proposals, etc.) for existing as well as new investment products or strategies, driving internal processes for required approvals, tracking progress of capital raising and ensuring adequate follow-ups. The candidate will support the Client Executives in clients’ interactions, scheduling of roadshows and due diligence for the existing LaSalle European products as well assisting with the identification and strategy development for new products. For the development of new ideas, the candidate will work closely with the European Head of Research & Strategy, the relevant Fund Manager, the Legal and Compliance team and the Head of New Product Development of CCG. Central to all of these responsibilities is the individual’s ability to think both critically and strategically, and then act tactically – prioritising efforts, managing across senior and junior levels in the organization, and managing across time zones to drive initiatives towards outcomes.
This role will report into CCG Head of New Product Development based in London.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Project manager for the development of content and documentation (and subsequent marketing) of selected LaSalle funds, either existing or about to be launched;
- Leading the completion of RFP (Request for Proposal) responses – co-ordinate and schedule planning meetings and timelines for the collaboration, production, editing and approval of RPFs, including setting up the project teams with the business unit bid manager using our response database, writing new responses and creating presentations;
- Creating and updating marketing presentations for new clients, prospects and consultants:
- Project managing pitchbook and any related marketing materials preparation
- Ensuring the timely preparation of final meeting materials
- Maintaining and updating presentation and PowerPoint slide archives
- Coordinating with the regional compliance officer
- Supporting and coordinating the drafting fund marketing documentation (introductory fliers, investor pitchbooks, offering memoranda and term sheet) or investor pitchbooks;
- Liaising with our various operational, research and fund teams to create product information and case studies for use by CCG and other internal teams;
- Assisting in new product development, researching competitive products and potential investors;
- Tracking of progress for the relevant funds, being day-to-day point person within the Client Capital Group throughout the whole capital raise period;
- Maintaining up-to-date marketing information, including management of an online RFP library;
- Partnering with CCG colleagues in our other offices in Europe and around the world regarding best practices, information sharing and other relevant tasks;
- Organising and coordinating of investors’ due diligence days (ODDs), related materials and asset tours;
- Monitoring competitors’ activity and information;
- Supervising, training and leading any junior professionals in the team.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in investment management, consulting, banking or real estate acquisitions or development;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong sense of team work and ability to work with colleagues remotely and across time zones;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving abilities;
- High energy level and willingness to engage and drive outcomes;
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects, self-start and deliver quality results within tight time constraints;
- Creativity and very high attention to detail and quality, e.g. proofing content, punctuation, format, appearance, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple constituencies and their expectations;
- Ability to manage complex documentation, fully proficient in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Participate in continuing on-the-job training to develop new and existing skills;
- Thrives in a continuous improvement environment; flexible and adaptable;
- Versatility on use of data management and systems;
- Fluency in other languages would be useful (but not a requirement).
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community