Vice President, Portfolio Manager
LaSalle Global Partners Solutions Profile:
The Global Partner Solutions (GPS) business is responsible for secondaries, co-investments, and indirect fund investments on a global basis and is one of five business units within LaSalle, sitting alongside its three regional direct private equity business lines and its global public real estate securities business. GPS has approximately 40 people based in offices in London, Chicago, New York and Singapore and consists of Real Estate Investment professionals and ‘mid-office’ support.
LaSalle Joint Investment Fund (“JIF”) mandate:
The JIF mandate is a newly awarded large custom account mandate that will invest in a global portfolio of quality assets through joint ventures, club deals and co-investments. There is every expectation that the mandate will grow over time. The mandate will include a central team based in Chicago together with regional teams based in Chicago, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Tokyo, Sydney, Seoul and Singapore.
The candidate will be part of the central team based in Chicago dedicated to the JIF mandate and report to the Deputy Portfolio Manager of the mandate. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with all global and regional team members and actively contribute to the creation and continued improvement of global analysis for the mandate.
- Responsible for completion or oversight of global portfolio analysis including consolidated portfolio cash flows and forecasts, scenario testing and hold/sell analysis to ensure compliance with overall portfolio objectives and consistency of underwriting
- Responsible for working closely with regional teams to provide global input when evaluating relevant potential acquisitions and dispositions and compiling global portfolio input required for investment committee approval materials and modelling
- Responsible for sign-off of gatekeeper’s check list for each transaction
- Take primary responsibility for preparing written communication and presentation materials to client or gatekeeper for sign-off from Global and/or Deputy Portfolio Manager (bi-weekly calls / quarterly client meetings)
- Complete global level reporting including liaising with regional and finance teams, and verifying accuracy with sign-off from Global and/or Deputy Portfolio Manager
- Responsible for investment team’s independent verification of performance results (via the global portfolio model), including liaising with appropriate groups to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in the development and preparation of annual strategic plans for the portfolio
- Participate in presenting global portfolio level analysis to relevant Investment Committees and mandate’s Steering Committee
- Ability to form own views and make recommendations to Global and Deputy Portfolio Manager on proposed acquisitions, risk assessments, consolidated portfolio analysis, hold/sell analysis
- Build relationships with LaSalle regional teams and external partners as relevant
- Ability to convey mandate requirements to internal and external stake holders
- Present reasoned arguments (including pros/cons); contribute ideas on how to mitigate risks and find solutions
- As appropriate, represent the mandate team in firm-wide projects and create executive level relationships
- Work across global mandate team and other appropriate mandates to develop best practices and design and implement efficiency measures
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with commercial real estate or the alternative investment management industry, ideally with working experience in a private equity multi-manager and/or private equity real estate business
- Strong financial and analytical ability
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel; Argus experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team collaboratively
- Global or multi-jurisdictional experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines including managing information flows to and from various time zones around the world
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills; foreign language skills are helpful
- Commercial mindset
- Self-motivated/takes initiative, pro-active with a ‘client-service’ mentality whether the clients are internal or external
- Flexibility to work across time zones, as work flow requires (availability to join periodic early and late calls)
- Strong appetite and enthusiasm for utilizing innovative technology & digitalization
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.