Vice President, GPS
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a full-time Vice President to join its Global Partner Solutions group in Chicago. LaSalle GPS is the indirect real estate division of the firm, with $6.8 billion of assets under management including fund-of-funds, joint ventures, co-investments and secondaries across all major and select niche asset classes (office, industrial, multifamily, retail, healthcare, etc.), geographies (domestic US and international), risk profiles (core, value-add and opportunistic), and the capital stack (equity and debt).
The Vice President will primarily support the co-invest business, which manages $2.3 billion of assets on behalf of four specialized separate account clients plus expected new mandates. The role will be focused on the generation, evaluation, execution, and monitoring of co-investment interests on behalf of the existing co-invest programs. Additional responsibilities include client relationship management, client reporting and presentation responsibilities as well as assisting in the pursuit of potential new business. Role requires a deep understanding of complex partnership agreements and capital stack structuring.
- Maintain relationships with network of potential and existing sponsors / GPs in order to generate co-investment opportunities on behalf of various LaSalle GPS products / accounts.
- Review and analyze potential investment opportunities, including detailed review and modification of complex financial models. Leverage internal resources in order to scrutinize key assumptions, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Monitor existing co-investments, including evaluation and recommendation for any key decisions rights that exist for the group’s vehicles
- Prepare and present Investment Committee materials
- Negotiate and execute complex partnership agreements, co-investment subscription agreements, etc.
- Prepare and present investor updates, including both written reports and in-person presentations to investors
- Assist in new capital raising opportunities from both new capital sources and existing clients
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 6-10 years relevant experience with detailed knowledge of Acquisition models
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to manage competing and often unanticipated deadlines.
- Experience preparing and reviewing client reporting and Investment Committee materials
- Must be highly skilled in Excel modeling (required); Argus experience is a plus
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach