UK Corporate Accounting Manager
Job Title: UK Corporate Accounting Manager
Location: UK, London
Department: Corporate Accounts
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Please email a covering letter and your CV (stating the position you are applying for) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Accounting team maintains the accounts for a number of corporate entities and, through business partnering, provides management information to inform the decisions of senior managers in UK and across the European region. The team coordinates the production of budgets, forecasts and reports for the region, with input from all areas of the company, and reports to the CFO / COO of Europe and the Global team in Chicago. Accountants in each office work closely with an excellent, Warsaw-based, shared service centre, who handle the majority of the transaction-driven accounting (invoices, standard journals and more). Each office prepares statutory accounts and other local returns, including for taxes and regulated entities. The function is currently going through a period of transformation, due to a live global system and process upgrade programme. This is therefore a good time to join the team and to use your fresh perspective and ideas to help us form improved processes and free up time for supporting the business with more value-adding activities.
Role and Accountabilities:
Working with the shared service centre General Ledger team to ensure that accurate accounts are maintained (US GAAP) on a monthly basis for the main UK entity. This includes:
1. Revenue and accruals.
2. Expenses and accruals.
3. Monitoring payroll-related postings and maintaining reconciliations of sensitive balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of annual Statutory Accounts for LaSalle, involving calculating GAAP adjustments from US to UK GAAP. Lead the audit process. The accounts are prepared using CaseWare software.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT reports.
- Preparation of the Budget and Forecast for UK.
- Working with an Accounts Assistant to prepare reports for UK teams.
- Preparation of basic FCA reports (e.g. FCA 001-003) and ONS returns.
- Checking PSA return.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with 2 – 5 post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA preferred)
- Prior experience of preparing statutory accounts, ideally with GAAP adjustments.
- Excellent Excel knowledge
- Commercial mindset
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated/takes initiative, pro-active with a ‘client-service’ mentality whether internal or external ‘clients’
- Organised, methodical and with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Hard working, ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior use of PeopleSoft, Cognos or Hyperion Planning useful, but not essential.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community