Trade Operations Specialist
Objective of Role:
This person will work within the Trading Operations team and be responsible for delivering level service for all aspects of the post trade operations by ensuring timely and accurate support, reporting and trade settlement of global real estate equities and FX’s. The team provides full operational support by ensuring all aspects of the trade lifecycle are managed end-to-end efficiently, within defined market timeframes and accurately to minimize risk. The ideal candidate is expected to have a clear understanding and experience of the trade cycle, which includes trade matching, reconciliation, confirmation, reporting and settlement processes.
- Specialize in trade operations dealing with global equity, FX spot and Forward securities
- Monitor trading activity in LineData LongView Order Management System
- Accurately transmit trades to various broker matching systems and Eagle accounting systems
- Ensure accurate trade matching with brokers and notification via SWIFT to custodians via Omgeo TradeSuite/Oasys/CTM
- Ensure accurate FX spot and forward trade matching with brokers via GTSS (FXConnect) and Settlement Center (FXAll) and notification via SWIFT to custodians
- Verify all non-SWIFT custodians are notified of trades via alternate methods
- Liaise with brokers, custodians and trading desks to resolve day to day processing issues
- Investigate trade issues and resolve efficiently
- Work with clients, custodians, brokers and traders to solve settlement issues and identify trends to reduce their re-occurrence. Manage buy-in risks
- Work with operations personnel in Baltimore, Amsterdam and Tokyo offices as required
- Communication of daily trade activity to clients and other interested parties
- Work with accountants on trade issues and maintain responsibility of failed trade log through resolution
- Work with traders, analysts, portfolio managers and investment personnel as needed
- Maintain institutional account instructions (SSIs) in Omgeo ALERT
- Assist with new account, broker and country set-ups.
- Participate in implementation of new technology and upgrades by performing system testing as required in order to refine operations and support overall company success
- Help maintain trade operations procedures.
- Assist with various internal and external audits and other ad hoc duties and projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field
- One to three years of experience in securities investment operations
- A self-starter with ability to work independently, meeting deadlines, and as part of a team
- Must have excellent Microsoft excel skills including ability to write complex formulas and simple macros
- Knowledge of trade and settlement practices in domestic and foreign markets required
- Outstanding organizational skills and a strong attention to detail – ability to work with large data sets
- Be comfortable communicating with traders in a high pressure environment
- Dedicated team player and positive attitude – experience working with different cultures a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure is essential
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of the following systems is a plus: LineData Longview; Eagle; Omgeo TradeSuite;,Domestic Oasys; ALERT; CTM Omgeo; FXAll/Settlement Center; FXConnect/GTSS; ISS Proxy
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.