SVP, Debt Capital Markets Strategy & Execution
Position Responsibilities & Overview
We are looking for a proven industry expert to lead LaSalle Americas Debt Capital Markets strategies and execution. In this role, you will lead LaSalle’s efforts to develop tailored portfolio and asset level debt strategies across LaSalle’s various funds and clients, and to secure, negotiate and execute financings consistent with those strategies. Based in Chicago the firm’s global headquarters, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of successful debt placement across a broad range of debt products, markets, risk profiles, sectors, and underlying fund vehicles. This individual will closely collaborate and serve in a consultative capacity with internal parties, including Portfolio Management, Transactions, Asset Management, Research, and the Investment Committee, while also developing and maintaining external relationships with a broad range of debt providers and intermediaries.
- Evaluate and negotiate financing proposals to identify most appropriate execution and optimal economics.
- Closely collaborate with internal parties and serve in a consultative capacity providing recommendations throughout negotiation of term sheet and loan documentation to ensure final terms are in concert with both fund and asset strategy.
- Proactively and regularly communicate debt market trends, focusing on both internal and external relevant data points
- Responsible for consolidating and managing lender relationships across the firm and leveraging LaSalle’s scale to optimize terms and credit structures for LaSalle’s various investment vehicles.
Candidate Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in commercial real estate debt
- A deep and proven knowledge of various financing sources including investment banks, life insurance companies, “money center” and regional banks, government sponsored agencies and debt funds are required.
- Extensive experience sourcing, negotiating, and executing asset level financings across the risk spectrum, including first mortgages, second liens, mezzanine debt and preferred equity.
- Experience with a broad range of public and private market debt instruments, such as secured and unsecured corporate debt, securitized products (CMBS, SFR), subscription facilities, credit lines, and acquisition facilities
- History of success financing all major and niche property types tied to a variety of business plans, including ground up development, “fix and flip”, asset re-positionings / renovations and “core” long term holds.
- Familiarity with derivative hedging products, both simple and complex.
- Stellar market reputation and existing relationships with a track record of successful executing business with a wide array of debt providers.
- Creative and strategic thinker that drives for results while navigating internal stakeholders in varying functions and sectors across the firm.
- Professionally polished, highly intelligent, and a track record of exceptional credit sense, judgment, and sound decision-making skills and abilities; with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong presentation skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability with willingness to challenge the status quo in ways that lead to successful outcomes
- Collaborative by nature; willing and able to build and sustain strong working relationships both internally and externally, with a high degree of ethics and integrity