This individual will work with the Americas Head of Sustainability to implement portfolio-wide and asset-level Sustainability initiatives, including multifamily, industrial, retail & office properties in the US and Canada. It is strongly preferred that this individual be based in our Chicago or Baltimore office.
- Facilitate the execution of sustainability initiatives at the properties, including working directly with asset management and property management teams to:
- Integrate findings from both energy audits and climate risk assessments into capital and operations plans for the properties. Review recommendations with teams, agree upon action items and develop implementation plans in alignment with each property’s investment strategy and sustainability goals.
- Assist in identifying and assessing potential product and service providers to execute identified capital projects at properties.
- Support efforts to achieve certifications including Energy Star, LEED, BREEAM, and WELL Health-Safety
- Achieve greater data coverage – either by obtaining data sharing agreements with tenants and/or installing metering solutions
- Oversee data collection, entry, cleansing and reporting of property-level sustainability performance and activities.
- Work with Property Managers and LaSalle’s external consulting team to ensure that LaSalle’s data accurately reflects all the activities undertaken at the properties
- Review data to identify errors and outliers; ensure best-in-class data quality
- Analyze data to recommend sustainability activities and certifications for properties
- Help LaSalle implement reporting for initiatives including GRESB, TCFD, SFDR and NZAMI
- Help Asset Management Sector Teams design, launch & manage a property manager and tenant engagement program, potentially including
- Property Managers: education, resources and recognition, updates to the standard property management agreements, leasing & marketing support
- Tenants: green leasing; operational efficiency education, resources and recognition; green power procurement program
- Respond to Investor Requests and questionnaires about LaSalle’s Sustainability activities.
- Represent LaSalle externally at industry organizations, conferences, panels etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- BA/BS and 3-5 years of experience in two main areas: (1) real estate finance, management and/or operations and (2) real estate technologies, engineering, design and/or construction. Graduate degree can count towards experience but is not required.
- Proficiency with sustainable real estate strategies including capital improvements, efficient operations and engagement programs. Professional accreditation with sustainability certification bodies a plus but not required.
- Proven strength in data entry, management, cleansing and analysis
- Highly organized project manager, pays close attention to details and keeps track of many moving pieces at once, with experience working across teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills