Senior Technology Manager, Europe
Company: LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”)
Job Title: Senior Technology Manager, Europe
Department: Business Technology Group
Team & Role Overview: LaSalle's Business Technology Group (BTG) works with the business to provide technologies and applications that support the business operations and processes. Our global team is organized by our 5 business lines – Americas, Europe, and Asia Private Equity, Global Fund of Funds and Securities. Infrastructure services (help desk, deskside support, networks, telecommunications, and procurement) are provided to us by JLL and LaSalle BTG works with JLL to ensure all day to day technology needs are met.
Reporting: The position reports to the LaSalle Europe Head of Business Technology but will work very closely with all business leaders (Fund Managers, Asset Managers, Transaction Officers, Financial Controllers) across Europe and with our Digital Delivery Centre in India. This role will be based in London and involve travel across our European offices (Paris, Munich, Luxembourg) and to the Digital Delivery Centre in Bangalore. The Senior Technology Manager will have the closest of working relationships with the European COO/FOO and European Head of Operations – both critical stakeholders in the success of this role.
- Be the lead contact person for key senior business stakeholders, driving technology support and delivery for European business applications
- Lead a team of application support specialists/analysts across Europe; driving the strategy and delivery of business applications within the region
- Work closely with wider European Technology team to ensure delivery of holistic technology service delivery for business stakeholders
- Responsible for setting up and management of application support processes and procedures for business applications
- Active co-ordination with Business Stakeholders and Product Managers to understand business objectives and service requirements, leading the service improvement roadmap for assigned applications and the prioritisation of requests
- Constantly identifying areas for improvement across the service delivery landscape, and owning implementation and improvement activities that deliver value
- Actively engage with JLL Technologies for globally deployed technologies and tools (i.e., MS Office tools, Box, WebEx, Zoom, Adobe, etc.), being responsible for service delivery to LaSalle and developing KPIs Oversee deployment of upgrades and new tools ensuring smooth transition.
- Engage with external technology vendors for business applications, including contract management, invoice payments, etc.
- Track application cyber security compliance by vendors ensuring appropriate certifications are performed and documented
- Lead orgnaisation of employee training in office tools (Microsoft Office, WebEx,), cybersecurity awareness, our applications etc.
- Support the Head of BTG in responding to technology specific queries from investors and regulators
- Be an active spokesperson for Technology in front of the business and senior leaders, presenting to the European Business on Town Halls (with European Head of Business Technology).
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 10+ years of technology management and strategic experience i.e. working on application planning, implementation, support model and vendor engagement
- Strong technical experience working on real-estate applications like Yardi / Argus / MRI / Horizon / Voyanta and Others
- Strong knowledge of the technology architecture and integration– presentation layer, middle layer and the database layer
- Strong business analysis skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills disciplined and an ability to plan, prioritise and organise
- Strong experience leading application specialist / analyst, IT support engineers, and software vendor resources
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to identify, translate and present to a range of audiences (stakeholders, senior management and the wider business community), acting as a translator between parties (Business Stakeholders and Technology Team)
- A proven ability to multi-task and a 'client-service' mentality with good problem-solving skills and the ability to influence
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to present and communicate between technical and non-technical contributors and communicate between the project team and senior leadership.
- Excellent people management skills – setting objectives, priorities, motivation and people development
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Preferred Knowledge of DevOps and Cloud development tools such as JIRA, Zendesk, Bitbucket, Git and Confluence
- Experience as a Delivery Manager, successfully implementing software development projects using Agile methodologies.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community