Senior Tax Manager, LaSalle Americas Tax
LaSalle Investment Management’s Americas Tax Team is seeking a Senior Tax Manager in the firm’s Chicago headquarters to assist with the tax advisory, compliance and transformation processes for LaSalle sponsored real estate investment funds. Reporting to the Managing Director of Tax, LaSalle Americas, this position will work closely with several of LaSalle’s internal teams including but not limited to accounting, finance, investor relations, technology and legal as well as with external advisors. The role is primarily focused on tax work for the Americas funds but will also assist with the Automatic Exchange of Information Reporting and U.S. tax filings for international investments.
- Achieve excellence in traditional tax management activities for LaSalle, including transfer pricing, and general tax compliance support for LaSalle sponsored fund entities. This position entails coordinating the review of federal and state tax returns filed by LaSalle on behalf of its sponsored real estate investment funds
- Monitor federal and state tax legislations and keep the Americas tax director informed of potential impacts
- Provide tax advisory services in the creation, structuring and maintenance of LaSalle sponsored funds.
- Researching a broad range of substantive tax issues, including REIT rules, partnership tax return rules, tax treaties and fielding questions from the fund teams
- Prepare and review tax modeling calculations for inbound investors into LaSalle’s U.S. and Canada real estate funds
- Review and negotiate tax provisions in joint venture and purchase/sale agreements
- Closely collaborate with internal and third parties and serve in a consultative capacity providing recommendations for ways in which we can utilize technology to streamline the tax reporting, compliance, data retrieval and storage processes for the global tax group
- Assist with responses to Federal and State tax audit queries
- Manage third party tax advisor relationships to provide oversight and quality assurance.
- Directly supervise the Americas tax manager and temporary consultants
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of seven years of experience in industry or public accounting. Real estate and partnership tax compliance experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, teamwork and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables with an ordered and structured approach
- Creativity and very high attention to detail and quality
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with external and internal clients required
- Self-starter with strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Experience with various tax technology solutions preferred