Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Senior Strategist
Department: Research & Strategy
The European Research & Strategy Team is heavily involved in many aspects of LaSalle’s business, combining top-down analysis with on-the-ground experience. The team plays an important role in promoting LaSalle through thought-leadership and key research reports such as “E-REGI” and the “Investment Strategy Annual”. The team’s objective is to provide superior investment advice throughout the investment cycle; starting with the formation of a strategy as part of business development activity, through to Annual Strategic Plans and hands-on involvement in deal underwritings or asset sales. Our multidisciplinary London-based team consists of twelve individuals; the successful candidate will play a leading role in the team’s work on Continental Europe.
Role and Accountabilities
Reporting to the Head of European Research & Strategy and closely working together with the Chief Investment Officer for Continental Europe, the successful candidate will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and further develop research & strategy capabilities for LaSalle’s Continental European business.
- Manage and work closely together with two Senior Research Analysts.
- Identify and analyze real estate and economic trends in Continental Europe. Effectively articulate implications of these trends for LaSalle’s funds and mandates through written reports, presentations and client meetings.
- Lead investment strategy sessions with the CIO and fund management in order to determine key investment and sales targets for each of our funds and mandates.
- Alongside other senior members of the team and Investment Committees, support the creation of LaSalle’s House View on European real estate markets and economies.
- Effectively communicate the House View and Best Strategies across all levels.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc/MSc or relevant qualification in real estate or associated field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in real estate market research or associated field;
- Strong knowledge on Continental European real estate markets and economies;
- Experience managing junior and mid-level staff;
- Strong technical and analytical abilities;
- High level attention to detail and accuracy in deliverables;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong work ethic and positive 'can-do' attitude with ability to meet deadlines and take initiative;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as being a team player able to adapt to different personalities and styles;
- Ability to work across borders and an appetite for travel.
- Knowledge of a second European language considered positively.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community