Senior Operations Executive
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Senior Operations Executive
Department: Finance and Operations
LaSalle GPS Profile:
The LaSalle Partner Solutions (“LaSalle GPS”) business is a newly established global business line within LaSalle, managing £8bn of real estate investments invested with local operating partners and managers across the world. LaSalle GPS sits alongside LaSalle’s three regional direct private equity business lines and LaSalle’s global public real estate securities business. LaSalle GPS has approximately 35 people across offices in London, New York, Chicago and Singapore consisting of Real Estate Investment professionals, finance and ‘mid and back office’ support. The catalyst for the establishment of the LaSalle GPS business line is the purchase by LaSalle of the existing Aviva Real Estate Multi Manager platform in November 2018. LaSalle GPS takes a fundamental approach to investment and a relative value approach to global portfolio construction. As a long-term investor, thematic trends are also a focal point. Because we often have the opportunity to invest in both equity and debt, and in listed markets (primarily REIT securities) in addition to unlisted property and fund interests, we have the opportunity to compare asset classes to discern where better values are available.
Role and Accountabilities:
The candidate will report to the European Finance Manager of the business based in London. This is a new role that will have oversight and day to day management of the operations and banking team. LaSalle GPS are expanding the operations and banking team, due to the decision to build a dedicated in insourced operations platform. This is therefore an opportunity to help grow and establish a new operating model. Responsibilities include:
- Establishment and oversight of the banking process - including set up and management of custodian portal access, processing banking and trade instructions, processing income receipts and the bank account reconciliation process.
- Day to day oversight of the operations process. The operations team are managing high volumes of primary and secondary trades in unlisted investment vehicles, dealing with client custodians and underlying funds.
- Work closely with the European Finance Manager on designing, implanting and documenting the new operating model for the LaSalle GPS team.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Team management experience.
- Experience of custodian liaison – bank accounts and/or investment trading.
- Accounting qualification preferable, but not required.
- Yardi experience an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function at different levels, understanding that whilst the role is one of management, its nature necessitates getting involved in the day to day detail.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self motivated/takes initiative, pro-active with a ‘client-service’ mentality whether internal or external ‘clients’.
- Hard working, ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience working in a private equity multi-manager, private equity real estate business or multi manager administrator.
- Previous experience of custodian liaison, cash management and/or execution of investment trading as well as working in a private equity multi-manager and/or private equity real estate business is an asset, but not a requirement.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community