Senior Investment Manager, Acquisitions
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Senior Investment Manager
This position is part of the acquisitions team and support the engagement in real estate acquisitions throughout Northern Europe, with the possibility to be involved in transactions in Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Poland and Czech Republic... The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis of potential acquisitions, preparing presentations for the investment committee, assisting in deal sourcing and due diligence processes and preparation of offers. This is an exciting position within an international setting where you will have access to a very broad network in the real estate industry.
Role and Accountabilities:
- The successful candidate will have significant interaction with Asset Management and Fund Management, but also with CCG as well as external clients/advisors and valuers. Besides excellent financial modelling skills, soft skills such as communication and team-fit are a must.
- Responsibilities will focus on acquiring properties mainly located in Germany, whilst ensuring pricing is appropriate within the context of the prevailing market
- Source investment opportunities both on and off market
- Assemble single investor and club deals through close dialogue with investors and Client Capital Group
- Gathering and evaluating economic, demographic and real estate market data
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations, offering memoranda and financial reports for clients of the firm
- Reviewing legal documents and other materials as part of the due diligence process or as part of on-going property oversight
- Reviewing proposed acquisitions and sales to ensure defined criteria is met
- Active and efficient dialogue with Fund Managers about the required investment products (desired sector / geographic weightings, income profile etc.)
- Inspecting and evaluating each transaction to determine what impact the decision will have on performance and mandate parameters (in cooperation with Fund Manager)
- Collaborate with Research teams to ensure “target markets” are considered when evaluating potential locations and themes for new investments
- Continually monitor conditions within local markets in order to have a framework from which to evaluate new investments
- Liaise with relevant colleagues (legal, tax, finance and financing team) as well as coordinating external service providers in that respect.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience and expertise in real estate market(s) and acquisitions.
- Established market reputation; Germany a must, other countries an advantage.
- Consistent and established track record of having made great acquisitions.
- Ability to successfully and efficiently close deals; whilst discarding deals that do not meet investor criteria.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks.
- Understanding of the complex investment fundamentals of each individual transaction and the underlying sectors/assets.
- Ability to work both independently across internal international teams (Fund Management, Asset Management) in a reactive and accountable manner and demonstrate initiative.
- Entrepreneurial, yet measured style that will resonate with LaSalle’s dynamic and ambitious culture.
- Unquestionable integrity, highligy regarded by the market, experienced and well networked.
- Gravitas and experience to represent the LaSalle business.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Argus).
- University degree with a strong academic record and a minimum of 5-10 year experience preferably in a finance related sector or in Real Estate Company.
- Fluent in English & German (spoken & written)
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community