Senior Fund Accountant, GPS
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Senior Fund Accountant
Department: Finance and Operations
LaSalle GPS Profile:
The LaSalle Partner Solutions (“LaSalle GPS”) business is a newly established global business line within LaSalle, managing £8bn of real estate investments invested with local operating partners and managers across the world. LaSalle GPS sits alongside LaSalle’s three regional direct private equity business lines and LaSalle’s global public real estate securities business. LaSalle GPS has approximately 35 people across offices in London, New York, Chicago and Singapore consisting of Real Estate Investment professionals, finance and ‘mid-office’ support. The catalyst for the establishment of the LaSalle GPS business line is the purchase by LaSalle of the existing Aviva Real Estate Multi Manager platform in November 2018.
LaSalle GPS takes a fundamental approach to investment and a relative value approach to global portfolio construction. As a long-term investor, thematic trends are also a focal point. Because we often have the opportunity to invest in both equity and debt, and in listed markets (primarily REIT securities) in addition to unlisted property and fund interests, we have the opportunity to compare asset classes to discern where better values are available. The candidate will report to the European Controller of the business and will also work closely with the Global CFO/COO, both based in London. The role will cover both client accounting and an element of LaSalle GPS corporate accounting and be an opportunity to help grow and establish a new business line at LaSalle.
Role and Accountabilities:
Accounting & Operations
- Oversight of the outsourced accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for the UK and Global Fund of Funds, based in Jersey, including the monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests. Manage third party providers, in particular service providers and external directors.
- Financial oversight of a new global multi currency open-ended fund. Work with the team on structuring, licensing, set up and terms of the fund.
- Oversight of the audit process and tax compliance (where relevant) across the portfolio of mandates, including appointment and co-ordination of external advisers.
- Oversight of cash management of the funds and separate accounts, including investor calls and distributions along with making recommendations to the fund managers.
- Work closely with the European Controller and CFO/COO on strategic projects for the team. In particular work on the integration of the operating models of the various businesses as they come under the GPS banner, the new operating model for the GPS team, the selection of a new service provider across the business and the development of the IT framework.
- Support the European Controller with LaSalle GPS invoicing, budgeting and forecasting.
- Liaise with the wider LaSalle finance functions and ensure all information and reporting requirements are provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the European Controller to build an infrastructure for corporate matters relating to the UK GPS business - including forecasting, budgeting, profitability, audits, VAT returns, accounting, expense management, bank accounts etc.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA preferred)
- Working experience in a private equity multi-manager and/or private equity real estate business is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Commercial mindset
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Self motivated/takes initiative, pro-active with a ‘client-service’ mentality whether internal or external ‘clients’
- Hard working, ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function at different levels, understanding that whilst the role is one of management, its nature necessitates getting involved in the detail and being a ‘doer’ as well as a manager.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community