Senior European Management Accountant
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Senior European Management Accountant
Department: Corporate Accounting & Finance
Team Overview: LaSalle’s Corporate Accounting & Finance team plays a central and vital role in supporting LaSalle’s pan- European business operations, working alongside some of the most senior professionals in LaSalle and the wider real estate investment management sector.
This role will work closely with the regional Finance Director – Corporate Accounting & Finance. The team has responsibility for overseeing the timely production of accurate monthly accounts for LaSalle’s European business entities – including trend and metric analysis and consequent reporting to the business heads in Europe. This role, largely focusing on FP&A activities, embodies the aim of increasing the value-add activities of the team, concentrating more on ‘business partnering’ – with full interaction with all other business functions - acquisition leaders, asset managers, Client Capital Executives, Tax and Legal & Compliance. These relationships - especially those with the European CEO, the business heads and the European CFO/COO - will be very important in the success of this position.
The role also has a high profile with direct access to our Chicago headquarters and to our Global CFO / Global CEO and, as above, direct and close interaction with key business figures in our European offices and our shared service centre in Warsaw.
The function is currently going through a period of transformation, due to a live PeopleSoft global system and process upgrade programme. This is, therefore, an opportune time to join the team and to use a fresh perspective and ideas to help us reimagine regional reporting; develop and implement improved processes and free up time for supporting the business with more value-add activities and analysis.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for quarterly regional reporting (Income Statements, variances, KPIs, etc.), including making best use of the newly rolled-out Cognos dashboard software.
- Responsible for a bi-annual Client Profitability exercise for existing UK & Continental European clients.
- Responsible for an annual regional Transfer Pricing exercise, including management of the Time Recording system.
- Lead on preparation of a quarterly operating review pack to Chicago and quarterly office ‘town-hall’ presentations – working very closely with European CEO and European CFO/COO.
- Ad hoc ‘business partnering’ exercises - interfacing with the ‘front office’ and providing analytical review and commentary to support the business.
Budget and Planning Management
- Key project management role in the preparation of annual, mid-year and ad-hoc business forecasts and budgets, providing an insight into and the opportunity to influence business strategy. This extends to an annual three-year plan where the successful candidate will lead on quizzing the business leads on revenue and cost assumptions.
- Analysis thereof and identification / communication of key issues for discussion – metrics and trend analysis.
- Assessment of profitability of potential new clients and new business.
- Overheads and cost review with analysis and consequent recommendations to the business.
Accounting, Tax & Financial Reporting
- Support Corporate accountants in Paris, Luxembourg, Munich and the European Finance Centre (Warsaw JLL shared service centre) in maintaining accounts of European entities (US GAAP).
- Review the monthly accounts of those entities.
- Accounting for stock awards in the region.
- Accounting for and maintaining control over employee co-investment programs and reporting to employees quarterly.
- Support the design and roll-out of the new global Planning system, due to go live for the 2020 Budget, and of future corporate business systems initiatives plus constant development of existing systems and reports.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA Accountant with significant post-qualification experience in a Management Accounting role. Knowledge of US GAAP advantageous.
- Strong IT skills - Excel and PowerPoint essential.
- Team-orientated, self-motivated and proactive with a ‘client-service’ mentality. The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage workloads to consistently meet competing deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - able to take data from a number of sources, analyse it and present key findings in a format appropriate to the audience.
- Experience of working with and presenting information (in reports or meetings) to senior executives.
- Pro-active, clear and commercial communication (oral and written) style. Commercial mindset and strong interpersonal & managerial skills – a ‘trusted business partner’.
- Decisive, with the ability to articulate and make recommendations supported by clear reasoning and analysis, is a pre-requisite to success. Strong project management skills.
- Desire to challenge the status quo to constantly seek improvements to existing processes and practices. Ability to not just identify areas for improvement, but to put these into practice through working with others.
- Prepared for occasional travel to offices in Paris, Munich, Warsaw or Chicago.
- Real estate experience is a plus but not pre-requisite.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community