Senior Accountant, LaSalle Employee Co-Investment Program
The LaSalle Employee Co-Investment Program is a newly created, critical, and strategic program at LaSalle. We are looking for a successful candidate who will assist in managing the program’s launch, implementation, delivery, and on-going operations. This individual will act as one of the program experts with visibility into all employee co-investment activities to ensure effective delivery, governance, and service, as well as act as the key point of contact with vendors and other external professionals involved in various aspects of the program. Based in Chicago, the firm’s global headquarters, this position reports directly into the Vice President of the LaSalle Employee Co-Investment Program, which is overseen by the Global CFO, and the candidate will be a member of the Global Finance Team. This program offers valuable opportunities for the candidate to learn about the various business platforms, products and operations at LaSalle. Additionally, this role will require extensive partnerships with colleagues in multiple functions across the globe, ultimately building a remarkable professional network for the candidate.
Governance and Service:
- Provide administration services of the employee co-investment program, including investor reporting, capital calls, distributions, interest calculations and movement of funds
- Ensure employees have access to the investment opportunity information via the investor portal and production of statements and notices
- Serve as point of contact for all employee questions regarding the program, including management of a dedicated Employee Co-Investment inbox.
JLL Partnership & Liaison:
- Manage the relationship and process for approvals between LaSalle and JLL
- Understand legal entities related to the co-investment and the necessary fillings, reporting and governance requirements
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the co-investment program and perform reconciliation to JLL records. Also, includes preparing an Annual Glossy Report
- Communicate and provide and summary information or requests to LaSalle and JLL for monthly and quarterly reporting as well as on an ad-hoc basis
- Support on-going communications with employees regarding employee loan balances and funding requirements
- Contribute to the build-out of the Yardi structure and testing of certain functionalities that will be rolled-out across LaSalle
- Form part of team designing, testing, and implementing a new in-house investor portal for employees. Assist with continued development of the portal to add additional functionalities.
- Assist with the migration of existing co-investments to the new program
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience preferred
- CPA designation is preferred
- High level of energy combined with a sense of accountability for driving results, proactive and takes initiative
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity; must maintain confidentiality to the highest degree.
- Collaborative by nature; willing and able to build and sustain strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Effectiveness in reviewing own work to achieve high levels of accuracy and extremely organized multi-tasker
- Ability to understand accounting systems and embrace technology initiatives
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint