LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking a full-time Research Analyst to join the Research & Strategy team in Chicago. This person will contribute to the Research & Strategy team by analyzing real estate markets, urban change, and economic data from across the US. They will forecast market conditions, contribute to presentations, recommend real estate investment strategies, create and update market visualizations, write market commentary, and help develop predictive analytics tools. A demonstrated interest in urban planning, urban development, land economics, or real estate is desired, and knowledge of economics and statistical analysis is desired. This role requires a candidate who is creative, organized, has strong writing skills, and is experienced in quantitative analysis.
- Analyze and interpret macroeconomic data, metro area economic data, financial returns data, and property market data.
- Forecast real estate supply, demand, and rent trends. Seek out new sources of information that improve these forecasts.
- Prepare market analyses for potential acquisitions, covering construction, rent growth, and a property’s positioning relative to competitors.
- Create and update presentation graphics summarizing economic and real estate data that tell the story of the market with data.
- Collaborate with colleagues to answer complex questions about the behavior of real estate markets.
- Identify and measure tenant demand trends.
- Build predictive data analytics tools.
- Contribute to US and global research projects and white papers, including LaSalle’s Investment Strategy Annual (ISA)
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Urban Planning, Geography, Real Estate or other relevant social science.
- Strong writing, analytical, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. Familiarity with GIS and statistical packages such as ‘R’ is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics. Urban planning and real estate knowledge is a positive.