LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Research Associate/Strategist with real estate research, real estate investment, urban planning, or economics forecasting experience to join the US Research & Strategy team. This person will have the experience, knowledge and drive to contribute to the investment performance of an industry-leading real estate investment management firm and strategy team. This person will contribute to the Research & Strategy team by preparing and communicating real estate market information, including past trends and forecasts. S/he will assist with market forecasts and will contribute to topical analyses and presentations. Knowledge of economics and statistical analysis is required. A demonstrated interest in real estate, land economics, and urban planning/development, as well as experience using Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), are necessary.
- This position involves research into economic, capital markets, and property market trends in support of the firm’s investment strategies. This includes regional and local dynamics shaping the performance of real estate assets. In this role you will:
- Gather, analyze, and interpret macro-economic, financial, and property market data and forecasts particularly in terms of their impact on commercial investments and the LaSalle investment portfolio.
- Prepare detailed market analyses for potential acquisitions, covering real estate supply, demand and rent growth, a property’s positioning relative to competitors, and local economic trends.
- Share findings and views with portfolio managers and the Investment Committee
- Develop and maintain charts summarizing economic and real estate data and forecasts for regularly updated publications.
- Forecast supply and demand trends for major property types in assigned regional economies and metro areas.
- Identify and develop investment strategies based on trends in financial, property market, and asset-level datasets and build predictive data analytics tools.
- Support the development and dissemination of investment strategies by contributing to special US and global research projects and white papers.
- Specific responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in fields that will provide a useful background for this role. This includes real estate as well as finance, economics or urban planning. A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree in business, economics, urban planning, or related field is desired, but not required. Other skills required:
- Strong working knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics
- Understanding of real estate markets and real estate investments.
- Outstanding writing, analytical, and computer skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with statistical packages (notably R) is not required, but a positive.
- Broad experience with data analysis and intellectual curiosity.
- Presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization.
The position is located in Chicago. Title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer