Research Associate (f/m/d)
Job Title: Research Associate (f/m/d)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team Overview: As part of the European Research & Strategy Team, this role supports the formulation of investment strategies, client reporting and internal/external enquiry response. Bespoke projects and thought-leadership are also an important part of the role. The team is part of a wider Global team, and contributes to projects with our colleagues in North America and Asia Pacific. Key interaction points outside the team, other than Research & Strategy colleagues globally, include the fund management, acquisition teams and asset management teams, as well as investor relations and business leaders.
Role and Accountabilities: The primary focus of the role will be to contribute to annual strategies for funds, become a go-to person for market intelligence, and prepare various regular market views. Data extraction, management and preparation are all central to this, and so embracing a modern approach to data manipulation, the successful candidate will be adept at innovating through technology. The role also involves regular formal presentations and informal communications in German and English with investor clients and market participants.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in economics, finance, investment, and/or real estate;
- Bachelors’ or ideally an advanced degree in economics, mathematics, urban geography, or a finance-related course;
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- High degree of technical expertise or proven aptitude to learn in one or more of the following areas:
- Modern data management
- Quantitative analytical techniques
- Data visualisation
- An analytical approach with a strong attention to detail;
- Highly organised, able to work under pressure and manage competing priorities;
- Strong team player able to communicate across borders and cultures;
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Fluent (native-level) spoken and written German language skills and a high professional proficiency in English.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community