Regional Digital Agile Manager, Europe
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Regional Digital Agile Manager
Department: Digital Transformation Team
Team & Role Overview: If you live and breathe digital, we want to offer you a super challenging and exciting role in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team. Imagine using digital technologies to disrupt the real estate investment industry. Our job in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team is to be brave and accelerate the impact of digital transformation by partnering closely with our business units. We prototype ideas, test them in real business scenarios and quickly develop and adapt the solution. Combining data science, human-centered design and the latest rapid development techniques—such as agile, microservices and DevOps—we deliver breakthrough products and experiences. For our Digital Transformation, we are using agile methodologies to build a LaSalle Digital Experience (LDX) Platform connected to Core Digital Application and Unified Data & Content Platform.
Reporting: The European Agile Manager is a newly created position to provide the above leadership & direction in the region. The position reports to the Global Head of Data Strategy and Engineering but will be working extremely closely with the European business leads (e.g. CEO, COO) and other Technology leaders and stakeholders across Europe (Head of Performance & Data Analytics, UK Operations Director and the European Head of Business Technology). This close collaboration with function leads ensures a best in class service delivery and generation of increased efficiency and productivity through Digital Transformation and Agility. The objective is to be ‘best in class’ amongst our peers.
- Drive the adoption and rollout of Agile design and engineering practices including test driven development, continuous integration and release automation (CI/RA) as well as automated testing;
- Lead the Project / Scrum team in design methods and principles, adopting a standard for issue and risk management as well as the management of the product backlog and inventory;
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the team to ensure effective and continuous delivery pipeline with the appropriate level of automation. Coordinate delivery of system use cases and business requirements in formats needed for development to execute the project;
- Executing against milestones and tight timelines, providing regular status updates and effectively managing issue escalations;
- Experience supporting cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project. Develop, improve and support project management methodologies to ensure a consistent approach to project delivery through the use of project management tools, processes and practices;
- Lead the execution of Scrum processes (Sprint planning, Sprint review and retrospective, product backlog grooming, and building product release plan);
- Encourage and coach the teams for adoption of good Agile practices and continuous improvement;
- Prepare/Review/Perform test cases/scripts to ensure the business requirements are fulfilled. Support SIT/UAT testing. Help plan, track and support the user acceptance testing and help investigate and address any issues.
- Be a continuous champion and marketer of LaSalle’s Transformation, Digital and Agile goals, communicating progress, priorities, the vision to both senior European management and all colleagues alike.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in Technology Program Manager/Business Analyst role; with at least 2 years in a Scrum Master/Agile Manager role
- Good experience of standard methodologies such as Waterfall, SDLC, Agile and Scrum
- PMI professional certifications in Scrum or Project Management is preferred
- Strong experience in a wide variety of IT Services, Cloud/Mobile/Analytics Projects, Applications Cloud Services, Networking, Security, End-User Computing and Digital Business Solutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to apply best practices (backlog management, capturing burndown & velocity metrics and user stories/estimation)
- Experience driving multiple complex technology / business initiatives across multiple domains and markets. Superior ability to work with business and technology stakeholders across all levels internally and externally
- Proven experience in managing significant risks and problem resolution
- Commercial mind-set and a ‘trusted business partner’; a ‘can-do’ attitude; self-motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic. A proven ability to multi-task. A ‘client-service’ mentality with good problem solving skills and the ability to influence.
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors and communicate between project team and senior leadership.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community