LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Portfolio Associate to join a portfolio management team on behalf of a large, diversified core fund. The Portfolio Associate will work directly with all members of the dedicated portfolio team as well across functional groups at LaSalle, including Asset Management, Research & Strategy and the Transactions teams.
Portfolio Associate Accountabilities:
- Develop actionable portfolio analysis for the portfolio management team to promote strategic thinking, including the development and preparation of annual strategic plans
- Evaluate portfolio-level investment performance
- Review and analyze annual operating budgets and quarterly re-forecasts prepared by Asset Management
- Oversee the appraisal process ensuring all properties are appraised in compliance with fund policy. Provide guidance to analysts and asset managers responsible for reviewing quarterly appraisals. Conduct training sessions periodically with asset management to ensure appraisal process runs smoothly and appraisals are being appropriately reviewed.
- Provide analytical support to colleagues in the areas of fund operations and asset management
- Work across portfolios with other portfolio managers and portfolio analysts/associates to develop best practices and design and implement efficiency measures
- Assist Transactions colleagues with analysis and presentation material on all fund acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist portfolio team with financings
- Be a resource to the portfolio sales and marketing teams by answering questions, reviewing marketing materials and presentations, and providing regular updates
- Work closely with portfolio analyst; serve as primary manager to analyst, providing oversight and coaching; cover workload as needed
- Represent the portfolio and asset management teams in firm-wide projects and create executive level relationships
- Present portfolio level analysis and presentation material to the fund Investment Team, the North American Investment Committee and the fund level Board of Directors
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel; Argus experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States for a minimum of 5 years
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within the commercial real estate industry
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.