To Apply: To be considered, please click the link below to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site.
Objective of Role:
The Investment Performance Analyst will work within the Investment Management Accounting Group, as part of the Performance Measurement team and be responsible for a variety of performance measurement and reporting tasks. This includes supporting the team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of property level, fund level and LaSalle composite performance data to a variety of recipients. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Support the Performance Measurement team in calculating, interpreting and compiling quarterly performance measurement reporting as well as aid in compiling data for new business presentations and ad-hoc requests.
- Develop a solid understanding of both the mechanics and the underlying theory of performance formulas as prescribed by NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards for time weighted returns as well as fair value accounting concepts.
- Effectively analyze performance financial input items for quality control and communicate with the accounting group for items that fall out of scope during data testing procedures.
- Compile and submit performance data to NCREIF and IPD indices as well as various consultant databases.
- Monitor and maintain the return system database for system entry, accounting personnel access, entity set up and general help in answering questions and resolving any problems that arise.
- Update and maintain necessary processes and documents.
- Assist with getting LaSalle GIPS compliant. Once compliant, submit annual compliance claim report to CFA Institute.
- Work with performance measurement managers to assist in developing an RFP protocol in coordination with LaSalle’s Client Capital Group and other parties. Responsible for initiating and communicating RFP deadlines and assignments with rest of group in-line with new RFP protocol.
- Help keep track of and answer accounting questions from controllers regarding Returns/Yardi inputs and develop standard guidelines for Returns/Yardi inputs, as necessary.
- Assist with development of new future attribution reports (specifically: property-level attribution at CBSA/Sector level, investment-level attribution, and account/mandate specific attribution).
- Responsible for putting together quarterly performance and attribution report.
- Assist in building quarterly presentation to LaSalle’s Investment Committee (incorporating notes from performance, attribution, and Sector Valuation Team meetings).
- Helping keep track of and answer any questions from other parties regarding performance and attribution. May require development of specific attribution request and/or other specialized analyses.
- Co-Attend Sector Valuation Team meetings and/or Data & Technology Strategy Committee meetings as needed.
- Participate in other projects and assignments as requested.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- One to three years accounting, real estate and/or performance measurement related experience, or interest in these fields demonstrated through internships or academic coursework.
- Strong technical aptitude in order to quickly master knowledge of U.S. GAAP, NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards and GIPS
- Solid working knowledge of Excel, databases, queries, reports and charts including creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets
- Detail orientation
- Demonstrated high commitment to meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, flexible, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements
- Proficiency in MS Access or Spreadsheet Server a plus
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer