Investment Performance Analyst
Objective of Role:
The Investment Performance Analyst will work within the Americas Investment Accounting & Finance (“IAF”) group, as part of the Investment Performance team and be responsible for a variety of performance measurement and reporting tasks. This includes supporting the team to ensure timely, consistent, and accurate reporting of investment vehicle and asset level performance data as well as LaSalle’s composite performance data to a variety of recipients. The ideal candidate will be deadline oriented, and have excellent technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Support the Investment Performance team in calculating, interpreting, and compiling routine investment performance metrics and reporting as well as aid in compiling data for new business presentations and ad-hoc requests, both internally and externally
- Develop a solid understanding of both the mechanics and the underlying theory of real estate investment vehicle and asset level performance formulas as prescribed by NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards for time weighted returns and other metrics
- Relate the principles of fair value accounting concepts to support logic behind the financial inputs of each real estate performance level of analysis
- Maintain a solid understanding of all real estate performance formulas, varying industry benchmark characteristics, and LaSalle’s global data attribute assignments
- Facilitate the compilation and submission of performance data to various indices
- Monitor and maintain performance measurement systems or applications for user access, data entry, and general help in guiding end users, resolving problems, and testing when necessary
- Update and maintain the team’s policy and procedure documents, as well as collaborate within the team, IAF group, and Business Technology group to create new/enhance existing procedures for better efficiency
- Support the firm’s accuracy of financial inputs to performance formulas through quarterly data governance testing procedures and initiate communication with the IAF group for out-of-scope thresholds, resolve through consultation
- Assist the team in developing and maintaining an RFP protocol in coordination with LaSalle’s Investor Relations group and various other internal groups.
- Promote the use and maintain organization of the team email inbox for sourcing all requests of data and general information, team deadline reminders, and answering general questions
- Assist in building quarterly presentations to LaSalle’s Investment Committee, internal training of performance measurement concepts, and other investment performance related meetings
- Promote and assist with firm technology initiatives that systematically impact performance measurement processes to ensure business requirements are being met
- Participate in other projects and assignments as requested.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Two to four years accounting, real estate and/or performance measurement related experience, or interest in these fields demonstrated through internships or current work history.
- Strong technical aptitude to quickly master knowledge of U.S. GAAP fair value, NCREIF/PREA Reporting Standards and GIPS
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel, databases, queries, exporting data, creating charts/graphs including complex spreadsheets
- Detail and deadline orientation
- Demonstrated high commitment to meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, flexible, able to work independently and in a team environment with constant re-prioritization
- Concern for quality and accuracy through self-reviewed work
- Proficiency in Yardi IM, Yardi IPlus, Zendesk, & Spreadsheet Server a plus