Investment Manager, Acquisitions
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Investment Manager
This position is part of the acquisitions team and support the engagement in real estate acquisitions throughout Northern Europe, with the possibility to be involved in transactions inGermany, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Poland and Czech Republic... The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis of potential acquisitions, preparing presentations for the investment committee, assisting in deal sourcing and due diligence processes and preparation of offers. This is an exciting position within an international setting where you will have access to a very broad network in the real estate industry.
Role and Accountabilities:
- The successful candidate will have significant interaction with Asset Management and Fund Management, but also with CCG as well as external clients/advisors and valuers. Besides excellent financial modelling skills, soft skills such as communication and team-fit are a must.
- Developing pro forma financials on both a pre-tax and after-tax basis
- Gathering and evaluating economic, demographic and real estate market data
- Reviewing legal documents and other materials as part of the due diligence process or as part of on-going property oversight
- Responsibilities will focus on acquiring properties
- Support the Acquisition Team in financial analysis of potential acquisitions for the relevant Property Funds
- Modelling of property cash flows and calculating other performance measurements based on various common market practices
- Preparation of Information Memorandums to support strategic investment and debt financing decisions (Investment Committee Memorandum’s)
- Preparation of reports and presentations for internal and external use
- Coordination with Asset and Portfolio Managers as well as other internal stakeholders
- Assistance in execution of due diligence and coordination of external service providers
- Potential to participate in negotiations with vendors
- Gathering and evaluation of economic as well as real estate market data
- Assistance in preparation of investor presentations
- Ensuring that the quality of due diligence and calculation is checked and improving existing systems
- Preparation of offers.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Fluent in German and English. Additional European languages would be an advantage
- Very good communication skills and brings motivation to a team by contributing knowledge and constructive interaction.
- The ideal candidate will already have real estate experience in the relevant European markets, preferably in/or fund management.
- Excellent PC-skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Argus is an advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant European property market and capital market practices
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a European team
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Valuation expertise
- Highly numerate.
- Strong social skills in dealing both with colleagues and third parties.
- Real estate interest and background
- International experience if possible.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community