Internal Advisor Consultant
The primary role of the Internal Advisor Consultant is to prospect, build relationships, and promote LaSalle’s products to financial advisors. The individual will be responsible for making proactive calls and presentations to clients and prospects which will increase a Financial Advisor’s knowledge, awareness and usage of LaSalle’s products and Commercial Real Estate. This role will report to the Head of Intermediary Distribution for LaSalle Investment Management Distributors, LLC – the distribution entity for LaSalle. Based in Chicago, IL, the individual will be responsible for managing an assigned territory with an external wholesaler. Primary client interaction includes phone, email, as well as periodic travel into the territory with the Advisor Consultant.
- Conduct proactive phone sales presentations to top tier financial advisors highlighting the products and value proposition.
- Partner with wholesaler to drive sales and assets and build relationships with advisors through execution of a defined territory plan and sales process.
- Effectively profile advisors to understand their practice, clients and investment process to identify needs and to position LaSalle’s products and services to meet those needs.
- Develop a proficiency in the products, the firm and the representative platforms in which LaSalle raises capital.
- Work with the other areas of LaSalle and the greater JLL, to further the strong corporate culture and policies that define the organization.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business-related field.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in sales support role or similar capacity required.
- Preference in holding FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses. If candidate does not hold license(s), must be willing to obtain in a specified period of time.
- Strong interest in sales and the financial markets required.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) with a working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Willingness to travel within territory as needed (< 15%)