Job Title: Intern, Transactions
Location: Chicago, IL
Reporting to: Associate Vice President
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking an Intern to join its Transactions team in the firm’s Chicago headquarters to assist with real estate investment acquisitions & dispositions.
- Assist team members with evaluating and underwriting potential acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s commingled funds and separate accounts;
- Perform complex financial analyses, including Argus valuation models and Excel-based underwriting pro-formas, cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses;
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related materials;
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data; and
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda to the firm’s Investment Committee.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel; Argus experience is a plus
- Knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.