Human Resources Generalist/Advisor
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking an energetic and motivated Human Resources Generalist (HRG) to the America’s region HR team. The successful candidate has a service orientated approach with the ability and interest to collaborate and work across multiple functions. As a hands-on team member, balancing employee advocacy and business operating needs, the HRG will actively partner with managers and employees in the execution of business goals and objectives aligned with the firm’s strategies. Key capabilities include an approachable demeanor, fostering a positive work environment, and exercising sound judgement while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Serve as the central point of contact to employees; providing day-to-day hands-on human resources expertise and support.
- Objectively coach managers on performance management, employee concerns, and development of talent.
- Support implementation of an impactful on-boarding process that ensures a positive experience for new joiners across all teams
- Own the design, development and delivery of content for our full-time Analyst Program, including end-to-end management of all programming, such as new Analyst orientation, supplemental training, community building, performance benchmarking, coaching/development, promotion criteria and mobility.
- Play an active role in partnering with Head of Americas Human Resources to guide the business through all annual processes as part of the HR lifecycle. This includes the promotion process, year-end performance, and compensation cycle, as well as talent review meetings.
- Support diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) efforts, including: recruitment, retention, and development of employees throughout all HR processes.
- Effectively address and manage employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal as needed/required.
- Partner closely with business leaders to manage headcount and staffing budgets on an ongoing basis, as well as working on compensation and headcount projects.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes and communicating to ensure employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations (HR policy guidance and interpretation).
- Ability to read and understand data to craft a story and inform decision making.
- Identifies training needs for business and individual development. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Identify and drive the sharing of HR best practices across business lines, teams, or functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Leader and HR Coordinator aspects of the hiring process as needed
- Participate with the Head of Americas Human Resources in completing special projects as assigned
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience
- Experience in Real Estate, Investment Management, Financial Services, or other fast paced industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence managers with regards to difficult decisions.
- Exceptional and attentive listener with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop relationships across a diverse client base, as well as within the broader HR organization.
- Thrives in a fun, team oriented, collaborative environment. Committed to the organization and demonstrates pride in their work
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations; ability to detect and mitigate risk
- Self-starter and high initiative; ability to navigate complex problems and matrixed organizations by tapping into available resources.
- Resilient; ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills. Able to multitask and set/manage priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and knowledge of Workday
- PHR Certification