Global Senior Application Architect
If you live and breathe digital, we want to offer you a super challenging and exciting role in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team. Imagine using digital technologies to disrupt the real estate investment industry.
Our job in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team is to be brave and accelerate the impact of digital transformation by partnering closely with our business units, we prototype ideas, test them in the real business scenarios, and quickly adapt the solution. Combining data science, human-centered design, and the latest rapid development techniques—such as agile, microservices and DevOps—we help deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses.
For our Digital Transformation, we are building a LaSalle’s Digital Experience (LDX) Platform on Azure. The LDX platform will be powered by multiple COTS and Custom Build applications.
- Oversee the Application Design activities for the transformation of key initiatives and projects. Ensure that the designs follow industry best practices and are economically sound. Help the development teams translate the designs into quality deliverables
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures. Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints
- Conceptualize, Architect, Design Digital Solutions & Research, Evaluate new technologies. Review the existing legacy application, middleware architecture, platform and propose changes
- Maintain consistencies in both technical and application designs to fulfill the architectural requirements related to applications, middleware, virtual servers, and operating systems. Develop and communicate guiding principles, governance structures related to the selection of architectural components. Manage the technical project delivery; perform code reviews and collaborate with vendors to resolve technical challenges
- Develop detailed design, define activities and scope of work for migrating enterprise application(s) to the Cloud Computing (infrastructure, virtual machines, storage, platforms, and database)
- Design managed hybrid and multi-cloud solutions architecture Design and architect applications for the Cloud automation, Windows Automation, Network Automation, continuous integration/deployment - CI/CD, High availability infrastructure, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning Service, etc.
- Develop architectural solutions for databases, user interfaces, and web services for Cloud solutions to create a more seamless end-user experience Provide the principles and guidelines in accordance with established security policies that define how the solution is to be secured
- Develop formal technical requirements specifications and Cloud design documents, including how-to guides, reference material, technical overviews, architecture overviews, process flows, complex test workflow diagrams
- Assessing “as-is” IT service, application, and technology estate in defining the target (to-be) state IT service, application, and technology landscape (architecture), producing business case/ roadmap
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 15 years of experience in Enterprise IT Architecture Role; last 3 years as Cloud Architect
- Experience and ability to develop Application Architecture, Application Security, Asynchronous Architectures and Technical Architecture artifacts covering business process flows, data flows, data models, Experience building Cloud-Native Data Platforms for large global organizations
- Experience in a wide variety of IT Services, Cloud, Applications Cloud Services, Networking, Security, End-User Computing and Digital Business Solutions
- Knowledge in the following technical subjects such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP), Jenkins, Maven, NPN, Kafka, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Angular 2, Node.JS, Microservices, Java, .NET, etc.
- Experience with DevOps and Cloud development tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, GIT, Confluence and Visual Studio, Eclipse. Strong understanding and experience of Web services, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), and EAI (Enterprise Application Integration)
- TOGAF Certification or equivalent (Open Group Certified Architect, Zachman Certification)
- Working knowledge of the following programming languages: Java, JSON, PHP, React JS, Python, PowerShell, Azure CLI, etc. Cloud configuration management/automation tools: Ansible, Ansible Tower, Ansible Playbooks, Playbook Workflows, YAML, Puppet, etc.
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors and between project team and senior leadership
- Required: LaSalle’s Chicago, IL headquarters
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.