Global Employee Co-Investment Counsel
LaSalle has developed a Global Employee Co-Investment Program and related structures (the “Program”) designed to enable as many LaSalle employees as possible to co-invest alongside LaSalle clients around the globe. The newly created role of Global Employee Co-Investment Funds Counsel will have primary responsibility for all legal aspects of the Program. This position will be a key member of the Program team working very closely with other members of LaSalle’s legal and compliance teams, the co-investment finance and operations teams, the technology team, global and regional senior management, and the global and regional tax team. This position reports to the Director of LaSalle Co-Investment with a matrix reporting line to the Global General Counsel (both based in Chicago).
This position’s primary responsibilities are:
Assisting with management maintenance of the Program overall
Leading the structuring of employee co-investment opportunities
Preparing and overseeing outside counsel in the preparation of documentation necessary for employee co-investing in LaSalle’s various offerings
Overseeing and coordinating the marketing of co-investment opportunities to employees
Coordinating with internal and external resources on the eligibility requirements of employee co-investment opportunities.
Provide practical and pragmatic advice to various stakeholders in a clear, concise and timely manner.
Strive to be a trusted advisor by getting to know “the business” and becoming a critical part of it.
Assist with compliance with Company-wide policies and procedures
- Minimum of 4 years of private equity fund structuring experience.
- Significant private equity and/or real estate funds experience.
- Must demonstrate a high-level understanding of key fund terms and broader issues relevant to the private equity and/or real estate funds industry.
- Good working knowledge of the regulatory framework relating to the marketing of investment funds globally and have a high-level understanding of structuring and tax issues relevant to funds and cross border mandates. Familiarity with US securities laws and a working knowledge of similar regulatory schemes in other countries.
- An effective manager of projects, people and legal spend, balancing outsourcing vs. insourcing and leveraging ‘value-add’ external advice.
- Experience utilizing technology solutions that assist with fund investment, investor onboarding, knowledge management and other value add purposes.