Fund Controller, Paris
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Fund Controller
Department: Client Accounting Team (CEPE)
The Continental Europe Finance team is split between the Paris and the Munich offices. The team consists of Fund Managers, Financial Controllers, Treasurers, and a Business Technology Solutions Manager. The Finance team is an integral part of the business and work closely with the Fund Management; Acquisitions and Asset Management teams.
Role and Accountabilities:
The Financial Controller is responsible for all elements of accounting, financial reporting and statutory, tax compliance for a portfolio of separate account clients and commingled funds at various stages of their cycle. In addition to providing the core financial roles, the Financial Controller provides pivotal support to all LaSalle teams and works closely with transaction and portfolio/fund teams. The Financial Controller brings financial, legal, accounting and tax support to other departments on day to day basis. The successful candidate will support portfolio on performance analysis and reporting. Whilst also providing support to acquisition and asset management on transactions (structuring, DD, financing, SPA). The function requires frequent contacts to external accountants, property managers, tax and legal advisors and banks.
- Management of the accounting, consolidation (when required) and reporting processes, including monthly or quarterly financial statements with local regulation and fund documentation, investor reporting, annual statutory accounts, cash flow forecasting and investor requests.
- Ensure accuracy, quality and efficiency of the reporting production with the support of external or internal accountants.
- Co-ordinate the appointment of external auditors and external advisors (when required) in a cost-efficient manner
- Coordinate tax planning with external advisors as well as with internal tax team
- Ensure all tax compliance requirements are met for all entities in the portfolio
- Identify tax opportunities and risks
- Anticipate tax changes and analyse impacts
- Manage tax audits
- Drive all annual legal requirements of the portfolio companies as well as other specific requirements such as capital increase/decrease, dividend distribution, merger, liquidation and internal loan documentations.
- Management of cash flow, ensuring that adequate funds are available to complete transactions and those surplus funds are efficiently repatriated to the investors in collaboration with the Portfolio/Fund management.
- Support Acquisitions and Sales Transactions
- Work closely with operations on deal structuring to maximise profitability and operational efficiency, due diligence, data room
- Compute / review price offers on share deals
- Review cash flow model, tax assumptions, Sources and Uses of Funds and transaction agreements (Sale and Purchase Agreement, Guarantees)
- Assist with Investment Committee notes with regards to tax structuring (acquisition/sale), distribution and liquidation (sale)
- Manage the tax issues associated with the integration of new acquisitions
- Support financing team when appropriate.
- Support the LaSalle local, European and US teams in providing all financial and tax data for their analysis
- Work in partnership with Asset Management and Portfolio/fund management to develop forecasts and budgets as well as analytical reviews of all entities in the portfolio
- Build strong relationships with and serve as a single point of contact with internal fund / asset managers, external property managers and other third parties in relation to all financial matters
- Develop ongoing assessment to ensure appropriate levels of internal control and participate to internal audits.
- Assisting with the implementation of best practices in all aspects of client/fund accounting
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (CPA designation, business school or equivalent).
- 4+ years finance experience in an international environment, in an auditing firm or investment services business.
- Outgoing personality and ability to engage at all levels.
- Strong technical accounting experience.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated & forward thinker.
- Hard working, able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised, methodical and with an eye for detail.
- Fund and/or property accounting knowledge desired.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community.