Fund Controller, London
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Fund Controller
Department: Accounting and Finance
Team Overview: The UK Client Accounting and Finance team consists of approximately 18 finance professionals with responsibility for all elements of accounting, financial reporting, statutory / fiscal compliance and other intrinsically linked functions (e.g. tax, structuring, debt, liquidations, transaction support, etc) for LaSalle UK’s c.£13 billion of real estate assets under management. Those assets are held in a mixture pooled fund vehicles and onshore and offshore separate account mandates. We work closely and collaboratively with all other departments within the both the UK and wider global business. The objective of the role is to offer a 'best-in-class' service to our clients and our internal business stakeholders at all times.
Role and Accountabilities: The primary purpose of the role is to provide financial management for a portfolio of funds / clients investing in direct and indirect real estate assets. Working under the supervision of a Senior Fund Controller and/or Finance Director, this will be a hands-on role managing all aspects of the financial management of the funds, including, transaction support (financial DD and onboarding of assets), cash management (including capital call and distributions), management of development assets, tax compliance (including VAT and CIS compliance), audit liaison and management, and the production of monthly / quarterly management and investor reporting.
In carrying out the role, the Fund Controller will be required to develop relationships with a number of internal and external stakeholders, including clients, fund managers, asset managers, third party property managers, internal and external tax teams, third party lawyers and administrators.
The Fund Controller may be responsible for the management and development of junior members of staff as required.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of three years PQE in a real estate funds management organisation
- Must have experience of property management systems and processes
- Knowledge of UK real estate related taxes (VAT, CIS, SDLT, CGS)
- Experience of GL accounting system e.g. SUN, Vision, Yardi to manipulate data and create reports
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as being a team player, able to adapt to different personalities and styles
- Strong work ethic and positive 'can-do' attitude with ability to meet deadlines and take initiative
- Strong organisational and communication skills, with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- High level of attention to detail and ability to conduct sense checks on all work
- Outgoing personality and ability to engage and develop relationships at all levels
- Team-orientated, self-motivated and proactive with a ‘client-service’ / commercial mindset - a ‘trusted business partner’
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community