Finance Manager, Value-Add Investments
Job Title: Finance Manager, Value-Add Investments
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team Overview: This position is with LaSalle Investment Management’s Value-Add Investments team (the “Team”), a specialist business which invests fund capital into pure and structured real estate equity investments across Europe, covering a broad spectrum of asset classes both direct and via strategic relationships with operating partners (across residential, retail, hospitality, office, and a variety of other niche sectors). Recent hires to build up the team include the new Head of Debt and Value-Add, who was previously at Blackstone and Goldman Sachs, and the new Head of Value-Add who was previously at Meyer Bergman and founded Jackyl. The team currently has c.£400m of equity to deploy in value-add strategies across Europe and the UK across the LaVA II and SSIIV funds and is looking to raise a flagship value-add fund in 2022, targeting €1bn of equity.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Management of the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for the SSII Venture Fund and the new flagship value-add fund, including quarterly/annual financial statements, investor reporting, investor due diligence and side reporting. The candidate will be required to review and prepare the accounts of the fund (with the assistance of external providers in certain cases).
- Work with external lenders in putting in place a subscription line at the fund level sufficient for funding of deals in the short to medium term. This includes working closely with the drafting of the facility agreement with external legal counsel.
- Structuring and operational efficiencies of new transactions in the fund including Joint Venture arrangements.
- Manage external relationships with third party administrators, auditors and tax advisors for structuring, transfer pricing and compliance services, including fee negotiations, scope determination, appointment and co-ordination.
- Serving as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio and asset managers.
- Maintain the fund models for your respective funds and report performance (IRR / EM).
- Responsible for cash management of the fund, including investor calls and distributions.
- Interact and liaise with different LaSalle functions in accordance with internal controls, external regulations and specific fund processes.
- Working with the European Treasury team on potential Fx hedging to be placed in relation to the fund / individual deals.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant with 5+ year post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA preferred).
- Fund and CRE experience
- Understanding of property fundamentals (including operational assets) as well as an interest in real estate investments.
- Must be proficient in financial modelling and experienced in Excel.
- Familiarity with more complex capital structures, including the ability to analyse financial statements would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical rigor is key to the role.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritise and work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- A team player who is self-motivated with excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- European languages an advantage although not a must.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community