Executive Assistant - New York
This position provides senior level administrative support within the LaSalle Global Partner Solutions (GPS) group and supports the CEO of GPS and the group’s management team. This position may develop templates for own use and for use by others to process routine correspondence, presentations and documents. This position is routinely exposed to confidential information and is required to maintain absolute discretion in these matters. This position maintains the schedule of the executive(s) supported. An in-depth knowledge of office productivity software and internal company administrative systems is required. Other tasks may include making travel arrangements, event planning, expense tracking, meeting coordination, guest/VIP reception, call screening, and other tasks for the supported senior staff. This position will also be involved with general office management duties.
- Have the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Have advanced knowledge and ability to complete administrative and office support functions/ activities for executive leaders to include extensive calendar management, small and large-scale meeting planning on and off-site, complex and/or international travel and expense management.
- Perform general administrative duties (filing, photocopying and faxing) in an efficient and timely manner. Identify problems and implement problem-solving resolutions with limited supervision.
- Have advanced knowledge of software and ability to independently complete word processing tasks (correspondence, reports, memos, proposals, charts, agreements, PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
- Create and maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems conducive to leaders’ needs, without supervision.
- Manage client and general business contacts.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings.
- Record, type and distribute minutes without supervision.
- Respond to requests for information and communicate with other departments without supervision.
- Proactively anticipate upcoming projects and needs of leaders by prioritizing, communicating and balancing the workflow.
- Independently drive problem resolution for leaders (i.e., expense report system, appointments, return phone calls, etc.).
- Independently prepare and/or distribute documents and emails on behalf of leader or team, as requested.
- General office management duties to include vendor coordination, liaising with internal Facility Management or IT personnel to resolve issues, ensure the office functions in an efficient manner, and covering the coordination and supervision of any office moves
- Respond to requests and assist other teams as required.
- 10+ years’ experience supporting senior level executives.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Independently complete tasks and projects; determining most efficient and productive approach.
- Prioritize and manage the completion of projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrate an advanced proficiency and skill set with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and any business-specific required software.
- Have a working knowledge of audio-visual equipment located in conference rooms, including an ability to connect video-conference calls and WebEx meetings.
- Possess advanced oral and written communication skills (spelling, grammar and punctuation).
- Communicate professionally, in a clear and concise manner.
- Work independently without supervision.
- Be a team player, dealing effectively with co-workers and internal clients at all levels.
- Able to prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated capability to complete projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Interact with external clients without supervision.
- Experience with on-boarding or training internal staff at all levels on departmental procedures and relevant software.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.