Director, Asset Management Retail
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Director, Asset Management
Department: Asset Management, Retail
Team Overview: This role will be a new addition to the retail team which has undergone a number of changes recently as a result of client portfolio decisions. The existing team comprises 11 members and is responsible for the asset management of over £3.36bn of retail assets.
Role and Accountabilities:
- This role will be primarily working on shopping centres and high street shops however, the opportunity to work across the other property sectors and with the Fund teams will be available.
- The role will also include acquisitions specifically deal underwriting and due diligence.
- Experience and a proven track record in expedient leasing will be required.
- The role will be reporting to a team leader who is responsible for the delivery and execution of business plans across the retail sector. In addition there will be the need to work as part of a team to grow new business opportunities.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Self-starter with extremely good retailer contacts.
- A background in either a retail agency or retailer would be an advantage.
- Analytical and be able to run large teams to deliver the business plan initiatives.
- Creative and be able to add value by considering alternative uses/layouts to add value over the longer term.
- Be able to handle multiple transactions and an understanding/experience in refurbishment and development would be useful.
- Experience on assets with debt and held in offshore structures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with demonstrable experience of running large teams eg shopping centre managers, design, marketing and leasing teams, project managers.
- Detailed experience of complex purchases and sales would be preferable.
- The person must be able to fit in with an established team and contribute to goals outside of their role for the benefit of the firm.
- An understanding of sustainability and how it impacts a retail portfolio would also be and advantage.