Digital Business (Real Estate) SME
Company: LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”)
Job Title: Digital Business (Real Estate) SME
Location: London, Paris or Munich
Team & Role Overview: If you live and breathe digital, we want to offer you a super challenging and exciting role in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team. Imagine using digital technologies to disrupt the real estate investment industry. Our job in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team is to be brave and accelerate the impact of digital transformation by partnering closely with our business units. We prototype ideas, test them in real business scenarios and quickly develop and adapt the solution. Combining data science, human-centered design and the latest rapid development techniques—such as agile, microservices and DevOps—we deliver breakthrough products and experiences. For our Digital Transformation, we are using agile methodologies to build a LaSalle Digital Experience (LDX) Platform connected to Core Digital Application and Unified Data & Content Platform.
Reporting: The position reports to the Regional Agile Manager but will be working extremely closely with Business and Technology leaders across Europe and Digital Delivery Centre in India. This role will be based in either London, Paris or Munich and involve some amount of travel between our offices across London, Paris, Munich, Luxembourg and Digital Delivery Centre in Bangalore. This close collaboration with function leads ensures the best in class service delivery and generation of increased efficiency and productivity through Digital Transformation and Agility. The objective is to be ‘best in class’ amongst our peers.
- As a key part of the Europe Digital Transformation team, this role is expected to lead all the domain-specific activities including interviewing & documenting business user requirements, converting these requirements into user stories, capturing key data & content requirements and translating it to a user experience framework
- Bring the Real Estate Investment specific domain capabilities to help drive LaSalle’s Europe Digital Transformation plans, working closely with business stakeholders
- Work closely with the LaSalle Digital Engineering Hub to translate business requirements into solutions, help resolve any domain-specific queries
- Create relationships with business and enabling functions' stakeholders, developing a deep understanding of the current business model and future direction, strategies and needs
- Take a lead role in helping re-design business process, data ownership rules, and governance
- Work closely with LaSalle business team and support as a senior digital business analyst to understand and document user stories with acceptance criteria for the Digital Platform
- Gather business rules, data and unstructured information from multiple sources and systems, critically evaluating it and reconciling conflicts in requirements
- Translate business requirements into data requirements and definitions that will inform user stories for the delivery team to build the platform
- Performing the full requirements lifecycle - elicitation, analysis, documentation and management, using JIRA as the backlog management tool
- Work with the LaSalle Digital Delivery team closely, to communicate requirements clearly to developers and testers, ensure all business-related queries are resolved and support with any functional testing as needed
- Analyse LaSalle data and content sources to document data definitions, content structure and support the creation of business glossary of terms/data dictionary
- Work with the business and technology team to verify the accuracy and completeness of data and document business rules for data cleansing
- Be a continuous champion and marketer of LaSalle’s Transformation, Digital and Agile goals, communicating progress, priorities, the vision to both senior European management and all colleagues alike.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 8-10+ years of demonstrable Business Transformation and/or Analysis experience in the Real Estate domain. Extensive knowledge in leading business transformation activities, requirements elicitation, documentation and traceability to translate them into stories and features within an agile environment with challenging timescales.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to identify, translate and present to a range of audiences, acting as a translator between parties (Business Stakeholders and Digital Delivery Team)
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and an understanding of what makes good user stories, how to create and maintain a good product backlog and managing scope changes
- Experience in writing and backlog management of Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for functional and non-functional requirements
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in a non-technical manner to business users
- A proven ability to multi-task and a ‘client-service’ mentality with good problem-solving skills and the ability to influence.
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors and communicate between project team and senior leadership.
- Day one gravitas and the ability to influence behavioral change
- Excellent project management skills disciplined and an ability to prioritise, Strong organizational skills, commercial.
- Experience in Real Estate Investment Management domain is mandatory
- Functional understanding of real estate specific applications like Yardi, Argus, Horizon, Voyanta and technology including Talend, Looker and Snowflake will be useful.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools & software.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community