Digital Product Owner
Company: LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”)
Job Title: Digital Product Owner
Department: Digital Transformation Team
Team & Role Overview: If you live and breathe digital, we want to offer you a super challenging and exciting role in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team. Imagine using digital technologies to disrupt the real estate investment industry. Our job in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team is to be brave and accelerate the impact of digital transformation by partnering closely with our business units. We prototype ideas, test them in real business scenarios and quickly develop and adapt the solution. Combining data science, human-centered design and the latest rapid development techniques—such as agile, microservices and DevOps—we deliver breakthrough products and experiences. For our Digital Transformation, we are using agile methodologies to build a LaSalle Digital Experience (LDX) Platform connected to Core Digital Applications and Unified Data & Content Platform.
Reporting: The position reports to the Head of Digital Platforms, Europe but will be working extremely closely with Business and Technology leaders across Europe and Digital Delivery Centre in India. This role will be based in London and involve some amount of travel to our offices in Paris, Munich, Luxembourg and Digital Delivery Centre in Bangalore. This close collaboration with function leads ensures a best in class service delivery and generation of increased efficiency and productivity through Digital Transformation and Agility. The objective is to be ‘best in class’ amongst our peers.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and technology teams to help define and drive digital transformation in Europe
- As the lead digital business analyst, engage with business users to understand user needs, document user stories and acceptance criteria
- Translate business requirements into data and reporting requirements and definitions that will inform user stories for the delivery team to build the front end user interface
- Performing the full requirements lifecycle-elicitation, analysis, documentation and management, using JIRA as the backlog management tool
- Work with the LaSalle Digital Delivery team closely, to communicate requirements clearly to developers, solution architects and QA team, ensure all business-related queries are resolved
- Analyse LaSalle data and content sources to document data definitions, document management structure and support the creation of business glossary of terms/data dictionary
- Understand and document flow of data in LaSalle, to verify the accuracy and completeness of data and document business rules for data cleansing
- Identify and document user access control requirements to build role based access control for data and documents, in alignment with regulatory requirements
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing sessions with senior business stakeholders across business functions and offices in LaSalle and manage defect prioritisation
- Facilitate product demoes and business user training towards successful product go-live
- Be a continuous champion and marketer of LaSalle’s Transformation, Digital and Agile goals, communicating progress, priorities, the vision to both senior European management and all colleagues alike.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 6+ years of demonstrable experience in a business analyst or product owner role in a real estate or financial domain
- Experience with projects implementing enterprise data platforms, analytics and business intelligence solutions (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlikview) or ETL/data transformation processes
- Extensive experience working with business stakeholders to understand user needs, document requirements and translate them into product features within a fast-paced changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to identify, translate and present to a range of audiences, acting as a translator between parties (Business Stakeholders and Delivery Team)
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies, product management principles and development processes within a Scrum framework.
- Experience in managing and prioritizing product backlog with Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for functional and non-functional requirements
- A proven ability to multi-task and a ‘client-service’ mentality with good problem-solving skills and the ability to influence.
- Functional understanding of real estate specific applications like Yardi, Argus Enterprise, Horizon, Voyanta
- Experience of working on implementation of document management systems or digital experience platforms like Liferay as a business analyst is useful
- Experience of working with offshore technology delivery teams
- Familiarity with project management tools & software (JIRA)
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community