Company & Regional Overview
LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”) is one of the world’s leading real estate investment managers with approximately $73 billion of private and public equity and private debt investments under management (as of Q1 2021). With the sole focus of investing in real estate, LaSalle brings depth of expertise with its primary objective of delivering competitive investment performance and achieving the highest levels of client service. With over 850 employees in 15 countries worldwide, LaSalle’s investment products include separate accounts, open and closed-end funds, public securities, and mutual funds. LaSalle’s diverse client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments, and private individuals from across the globe.
As a wholly owned member of Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL), a Fortune 500, investment-grade rated company with $9.1 billion of fee revenue. LaSalle's investment teams draw on the intelligence and resources of the parent company, giving unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
LaSalle Americas accounts for $23 billion in assets under management and has closed billions of dollars in real estate private equity transactions over the past five years, ranging from Core to Opportunistic, across all major property types in all the top geographic markets in the U.S. and Canada.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
LaSalle Americas is seeking a CFO/COO to serve as key member of the regional management team and assume a strategic role in the overall management of Operations and Financials in the Americas. This key leadership role will work closely with the Co-Heads of the Americas, along with the Global COO on overall performance and operations of the platform and collaborate with several cross-functional partners (human resources, legal, compliance, business technology, marketing & communications) to build, implement, oversee, and enhance sustainable systems, processes, initiatives, and procedures. The successful candidate must bring multifaceted talents, including strategic communication, effective leadership, and critical thinking skills, along with a strong financial and operational background with day-to-day responsibility for planning, controlling, and managing all financial and critical operational activities of the region.
- Business Strategy & Execution: Ensure alignment across the organization; maintaining a balance between regional global operations (One LaSalle). Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking while driving the process(es) to refine the strategy and execution plans, as well as how to measure success and report progress. Collaborate with leaders in all aspects of business growth/change, including ensuring that regional teams are properly resourced to complete projects and initiatives (i.e. people, access, capacity).
- Project Management: Own and incubate projects critical to the business; operationalize and integrate results into the main work stream at the right point(s). Execute on ad-hoc requests from senior leaders; examples include preparing communications, reporting, and project timelines. Responsible for establishing governance routines to manage complex processes, reporting and initiatives. Help create a multi-year roadmap for the team's operational capabilities and strategic priorities (i.e. required training, HR initiatives, client advisory meetings).
- Coordination within LaSalle Business Units/Functions: Serve as the integrative facilitator between all teams and functions to ensure ongoing communication on behalf of the business. Assist with clearing up functional roadblocks, working on change projects, and collaborating with technology or facilities as needed.
- Ongoing Business Reviews & Reporting: Lead recurring business reviews and financial reporting updates provided to senior leadership on profitability, data quality and trends, transactions volume, annual budget, capital raise assumptions, and other controls.
- Business Activities: Structure, Collaboration, and Guidance: Extensive partnership and significant interaction with all internal stakeholders, including: Human Resources, Business Technology, Compliance, Legal, PE Funds, IR, Finance/Accounting, Acquisitions and Asset Management and parent company, JLL. Operationalize internal business processes, structures, and changes; including annual and/or cyclical processes associated with compensation, benefits, and employee co-investment activities. Actively model LaSalle’s Culture of Care and support the human capital strategy to help attract, develop, retain and recognize a diverse and talented workforce. Promote a culture of continuous improvement by providing direction, feedback, support, and problem-solving assistance.
Candidate Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15+ years of experience in Operations and/or Finance. Commercial Real Estate experience, MBA, and CPA designation preferred, but not required.
- Professionally polished, highly intelligent, experienced and efficient leader able to multi-task across disciplines, anticipate issues and respond calmly, yet with urgency to unexpected and complex issues.
- Maintain oversight and control of diverse business operations, through capitalizing on excellent interpersonal skills, business acumen, high degree of integrity, and an exemplary work ethic.
- Keen ability to quickly assess scenarios and translate strategy into action plans; resourceful, with a natural ability to solve problems and seek out new and relevant information
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate objectives, as well as, provide a clear framework of priorities with a balanced perspective between details and big picture implications.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, diplomacy and sensitivity, and the ability to exercise considerable judgement and discretion in establishing, building, and maintaining effective relationships
- Strong problem solving and qualitative skills including the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and demonstrated critical thinking and analytical abilities applied to ambiguous scenarios and projects.
- Collaborative by nature; willing and able to build and sustain strong working relationships both internally and externally, yet comfortable challenging the status quo to increase productive outcomes.