Company: LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”)
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Department: Legal & Compliance
Role Overview: This is a generalist role which will report to the Head of Risk Management and Compliance in Germany and will give the job holder experience of a wide and interesting range of compliance and risk management responsibilities. The job holder will need to have excellent organization skills in order to efficiently manage a full workload and competing priorities. The role would also be appealing to someone who has an interest and skills in information technology as the job holder will take over the function of KVG’s information security officer (acc. to the BaFin circular KAIT).
Team Overview: The European Legal & Compliance team is a collaborative and experienced team responsible for advising and overseeing a successful and dynamic real estate investment management business which operates from Luxembourg, London, Paris and Munich. Each of the offices has a Compliance Officer and a Compliance Analyst. The four Compliance Officers report to the Head of European Compliance who is based in London and reports to the European General Counsel.
Role and Accountabilities:
Compliance and Risk Management
- Maintaining LaSalle’s compliance monitoring programme and associated tasks
- Supporting for internal and external auditors and performing internal controls
- Issuing findings, obtaining and evaluating management responses and monitoring to satisfactory completion
- Assisting in reviewing and optimizing of business work-flows, policies and procedures
- Executing limit tests and reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Preparing quarterly outsourcing controlling and KVG risk reports (incl. execution of stress tests)
- Assisting with client onboardings particularly regarding KYC
- Drafting KYC letters as requested by notaries, banks and other third parties
- Answering questions in requests for proposals and due diligence questionnaires received from potential new investors and existing investors
- Project managing the periodic updating of investor KYC coordinating
- Answering ad hoc questions and providing compliance advice as requested
Reporting to senior management and regulatory reporting
- Producing statistics and other information to be included in annual and quarterly compliance and AML reports for the managing directors and the supervisory board members
- Updating monthly KVG fund’s management tool
Information security function
- Covering the function of KVG’s information security officer (ISO)
- Responsible for all information security management within the KVG and with regard to third parties – setting the standards, the protocols and managing issues.
- Ensuring that information security objectives and measures defined within the KVG’s IT strategy and guidelines are transparent to both the KVG and to third parties and that compliance therewith is reviewed & monitored.
- Performing ongoing and quarterly controls and reports of KVG’s IT service provider
- The ISO reports to the management board at least once a quarter, on the status of information security.
- The ISO will be substantially guided and supported by LaSalle Europe’s IT team based in London.
- Participating in the wider European Compliance team and joining monthly team calls
- Assisting with research regarding regulatory developments
- Ongoing project management
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Studies of business economics (or similar) if possible with emphasis on regulated entities
- 2 to 3 years either in the risk management I compliance department of another KVG or with a specialized audit team (Big 4 cos.)
- Fluent written and spoken German and English
- Good knowledge of KAGB and related regulations, will to extend existing regulatory know-how
- Adaptable team player with the ability to operate autonomously when needed in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams including fund teams, analysts, finance, strategy and client services
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present results of work in both a verbal and written format
- A proven ability to multi-task but still organized and reliable with an attention to detail
- Keen interest and enthusiasm in and around IT & technology (experience is preferred but LaSalle Europe has an IT group based in London who will give a lot of support and guidance)
- Critical approach to existing internal rules and regulation
- Analytical competencies (organizational & numbers)
- Organizational skills, process and system driven, hands-on mentality
- Strong communication skills
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community