Compliance Analyst, UK
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Compliance Analyst
Department: Legal & Compliance
This role will be based in LaSalle’s London office, this is the largest of LaSalle’s European offices with 180 employees, £12.6Bn assets under management and is regulated by the FCA. The UK compliance function looks after LaSalle’s UK Private Equity business, the Debt and Special Situations business, LaSalle GPS (specializing in real estate funds and REITs investment) and the Client Capital Group. This is generalist role, the job holder will assist the UK Compliance Officer with her daily tasks, and under her supervision work on the compliance monitoring programme, KYC, management of Compliance Systems and maintain the compliance framework. Compliance in this context is not limited to FCA rules but also extends to internal policies and procedures and wider issues including, for example, anti-bribery, data protection etc. The job holder will need to have excellent organization skills in order to efficiently manage competing priorities. The successful candidate will be required to work on multiple projects and the same time and be able to swiftly switch their attention between the tasks. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to learn more about compliance, real estate and financial regulation.
The European L&C team is a small busy team serving a successful and dynamic real estate investment management business which operates from London, Paris, Munich and Luxembourg. The UK Legal & Compliance team consists of the European General Counsel, the Head of European Compliance the UK Legal Counsel and the UK Compliance Officer. We have 5 further compliance officers based in Luxembourg, Munich and Paris.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Undertake the compliance monitoring programme, report on findings, make recommendations and ensure they are successfully implemented. This includes:
- Completing the compliance monitoring tasks recorded on Schwab each year
- Issuing and managing the responses to the compliance affirmations issued each year
- Maintain and update the compliance monitoring programme on the Schwab system adding new tasks as they are identified and in particular to support the “reasonable steps” obligation on Senior Managers
- Administer Charles Schwab Compliance System and promote and assist the use of the system in other offices
KYC and Sanctions
- Assist in collating and reviewing KYC in respect of parties we transact with and new clients.
- Assist in reviewing and resolving sanction and PEP matches generated via the ongoing online screening process.
- Update KYC for clients in line with the requirements of the Global Anti-Money Laundering Policy.
- Maintain the register of Certified Persons
- Administer and oversee the annual certification process
- Oversee the prompt and proper creation and maintenance of key SMCR documentation
- Assist with the implementation of new FCA rules and EU Directives.
- Prepare the FCA returns.
- Maintain key documents, databases and registers.
Global Entity Management System (GEMS)
- Undertake periodic checks to ensure completeness and accuracy of the data entered by the GEMS Updaters .
- Initiate and oversee the 6 monthly verification process to ensure that the GEMS Verifiers review and confirm the completeness and accuracy of the data for their entities.
Advice and Training
- Provide advice on LaSalle’s policies and procedures to colleagues from investment management, asset management and other departments.
- Respond to questions relating to compliance systems and assist in resolution of technical queries.
- Assist in preparing compliance training.
- Participate in the wider European Compliance Group.
- Assist with research into regulatory and compliance issues.
- Assist the Compliance Officer with regulatory projects (e.g. Conduct Risk & SMCR).
- Assist the operations team with regulatory reporting.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree level education.
- Some level of understanding of the FCA rules preferable.
- Experience in audit or compliance role would be an advantage.
- Confident self-starter.
- Able to self-manage, prioritise and work efficiently.
- Able to form good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Good communicator.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community