Business Systems Analyst - Financial Services
LaSalle Investment Management Securities (“LaSalle Securities”) is LaSalle’s specialist public real estate division. With 35 years of dedicated securities investment management experience, LaSalle Securities’ team located in Baltimore provides real estate securities investment solutions to institutional and retail investors around the globe.
Objective of Role:
LaSalle Securities is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst with experience in investment, trading and operational systems to join our team in Baltimore. The Business Systems Analyst will play a key role in supporting and improving leading edge technology of a buy side securities firm and help maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes, procedures and systems firm wide. The role requires a solid technical foundation, an understanding of the investment process as well as excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Provide day-to-day user support for all business systems by collaborating with end users and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise.
- Work with the respective user groups to continually identify opportunities for technology and process improvements.
- Manage relationships with third party software vendors and internal IT resources in support of the applications.
- Ensure current system processes and procedure documentation is kept up to date.
- Provide business analysis and project management for new initiatives. Analyze business and user needs, document requirements, perform functional testing, coordinate user testing and migrate new process to production.
- Provide ad hoc report writing capabilities using BI software or vendor report writing tools
- Manage systematic projects and upgrades. Gather functional requirements, maintain test plan and system procedure documentation and manage project budget.
- Maintain overall ownership of the technology associated with the business continuity plan. Provide timely updates, schedule drills with software vendors and perform additional duties as needed.
- Analyze IT expenditures, formulate budget and ensure actual costs are in line with budget estimates.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 6 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Strong working knowledge of the internal business operations of an investment business including portfolio management, trading, trade operations, portfolio accounting, and performance and attribution reporting
- Experience with support of portfolio management, trading and accounting systems required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong working knowledge of report writing and BI tools
- General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Excellent understanding and use of MS Office tools
- Concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Experience with project management methodology
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with Eagle Software and Longview is a plus
- Basic SQL and programming skills a plus
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.