Business Systems Analyst - Financial Services
Objective of Role
LaSalle Securities is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst with experience in investment, trading and operational systems to join our team in Baltimore. The Business Systems Analyst will play a key role in supporting and improving leading edge technology of a buy side securities firm and help maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes, procedures and systems firm wide. The role requires a solid technical foundation, investment process management experience as well as excellent analytical and communication skills. The candidate must have a working knowledge of the operations of an investment firm including portfolio management, trading, trade operations, portfolio accounting and performance and attribution.
- Serve as a liaison between our system vendors, internal IT and business end-users for support and technical projects.
- Provide day-to-day user support for all business systems by collaborating with end users and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve systematic issues as they arise.
- Take the lead with the gathering of functional requirements of systems to improve workflows, performance, and external interfaces
- Create and maintain test plans and system procedure documentation
- Expand knowledge through advanced systems training courses
- Must have the ability to work with multiple groups and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Provide business analysis and project management support of new initiatives or changes to current processes. Analyze business and user needs, document requirements, perform functional testing, coordinate user testing and migrate new processes to production.
- When shown/given tasks, have the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Provide ad-hoc report writing capabilities using vendor report writing tools
- Provide ongoing training and knowledge transfer of new system processes to end-users
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 3-6 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience with support of portfolio management, trading and accounting systems preferred.
- An understanding of investment workflow and processes preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Ability to analyze problems and work from issue identification through resolution quickly and methodically.
- Strong working knowledge of industry report writing tools is a plus.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- Excellent understanding and use of business technologies and software.
- Concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Experience with project management methodology.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable.
LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer